Very depressed and need help! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Cherie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Very depressed and need help!

Well toss feeling depressed aside coz oyu have made a great choice in deciding to change what is getting you down. Losing bodyfat the right way - changing your shape thru cardio and weighttraining - cleaning up your diet - they will bring you a new body by Christmas 2003.
All I can do is tell you what I first did when I started to work out, maybe some ideas are helpful to you.
I educated myself as much as possible on nutrition - the right way to eat (not low cal dieting) and on exercise. I used fitness sites and forums. I started out doing Body for Life first, which was a great programme, coz I knew nothing and it was a "no brainer". I asked alot of questions online on body for life discussion groups on yahoo and msn and found lots of encouragement there too. I bought books (Weighttraining for dummies was one).
I took what I did very serious.

If I may make a suggestion as others already have, print out the sticky comments on the womens forum by krypto allez, the 101 has a shopping list and is a great start to cleaning up your food. Don't expect to know everything by August 1st 2003, I speak here just for me but I am 3 years on and I still am learning big time.

You are very blessed to have a partner that supports you. Use that to your benefit. It can become a hobby shared!
DO take pictures of yourself now front - back - side. I know its terrible to go thru but it gives you good comparison material later down the line and encouragement too when you see blobby bits have dissapeared. I HATE my before pics, but the ones after when i started to transform I feel very proud of. Read read read, post q's, and start up the food and workout plan. You will see results if you are consistant. I am so happy for you you decided to join abc, you cannot find a better informed group of helpful people.

Cherie
Old 07-03-2003, 02:13 PM
raw132002 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default *DELETED*

Post deleted
Old 07-03-2003, 03:07 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Welcome to the board!!! I can't ad much more than what already has been said. Just ask questions the whole way and you'll get there. You'll be amazed at where you'll be in a few months.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:11 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

raw132002, take your negativity somewhere else.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Wanabettabod should change his/her status!

awww... u r all too kind. thank you all so very much. thanks for all your suggestions and advise. ima borrow the body for life book at the library too.
ima take my pics this weekend and print some stuff off ive been reading alot too.
thanks again.

"The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant."Ps25v14

@ 1/22/03 186lbs *~*
@ 7/23/03 164lbs 39%

Current stats @ 6/23/04
33yo
149lb
33%bf
Doing 13 week w/o & diet

Current stats @ 11/14/04
33yo
142lb
25%bf
Hardly doing 13 week diet but still work out - I'm Prego. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])) yahhhhh!!!

My journal - *coming soon*
Old 07-05-2003, 03:06 AM
Cherie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Good for you! Please keep us updated on what you are doing!

Cherie
Old 07-05-2003, 11:38 PM
Kristyna should change his/her status!
Stranger

Wanabettabod,
Thanks for your post - it sounds like me 2 children, 149 lbs, with a 33 inch waist and god knows how big of a gut. I am also new to this board and as we speak my wonderful husband is building my new weight bench. I am also going to check out the 12 week guide - I've been working out for 8 months at a women's only gym that uses hydrolic machines and sadly I have seen very little results which made me re-think weight lifting and I've decided to go for it. I have been following the Atkins program for 4 months and really cleaned up my eating, it wasn't bad before but now I'm actually losing weight, although I would feel more comfortable with a higher carb intake (I get most from vegtables). Good luck to you I can't wait to hear how your progressing!
Kristyna
Old 07-07-2003, 01:19 PM

Hey kris, you know i was just getting on here to post that... its only been 1 week since i started this 'weight lifting' thing and my body is already starting to 'reshape' the fat n flab in my mid section has somehow repositioned 'themselves' and i just feel different. before that i was just waking up doing the elliptical and then eating like a pig. now since hopping onto this board and reading like crazy and learning so much- i wake up b4 the kids get up and work out and then eat one hour after that. i have to post my regime on here.
I did git tha Bodyforlife book and it sets a great foundation and is indeed a 'no brainer'.

as for the atkins. i did do carbohydrate addicts diet (got the book for $4 at vitamin shoppe) and did loose 40lbs 1yr after my first child so i know the low carb thingy works.

but i cant stop being in awe at how this weight training thing makes such a difference - exercise will never be tha same for me.

thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and suggestions.

"The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant."Ps25v14

@ 1/22/03 186lbs *~*
@ 7/23/03 164lbs 39%

Current stats @ 6/23/04
33yo
149lb
33%bf
Doing 13 week w/o & diet

Current stats @ 11/14/04
33yo
142lb
25%bf
Hardly doing 13 week diet but still work out - I'm Prego. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])) yahhhhh!!!

Old 07-07-2003, 01:24 PM

oh... and um... i fergat to say im already 159 - dats motivation to my head [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

@ 1/22/03 186lbs *~*
@ 7/23/03 164lbs 39%

Current stats @ 6/23/04
33yo
149lb
33%bf
Doing 13 week w/o & diet

Current stats @ 11/14/04
33yo
142lb
25%bf

Closed Thread