getting to know you.... - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 10:42 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: getting to know you....

Everyone is so inspiring! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The # on the scale really isn't much of a focus for me anymore - I just want a hard body.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gotta be my favorite comment so far!

And Teletummy, I LOVE the new signature photo! Yeah baby yeah!

I may type my story later. Actually I'm pretty sure I've typed it before. But anyway, it's really not inspiring as I've always been athletic and never overweight so I'm afraid it's really not very interesting. But I'm sure enjoying reading all your stories so keep 'em coming! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 09:14 AM
JV1311 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Krypto, you are always inspiring.

Nice to meet you, nozzle. Ask away. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Ashlee should change his/her status!

This is a great thread. Hurray for everyone who took the time to thoroughly introduce themselves.

Hello everyone,

My name is Ashlee and I've been reading this site for several months now and posting for only a couple. I've learned so much here but still have alot of trouble with the diet portion. I'm 23, single and do admin sitting down all day. I live with 4 other single people around my age and we all share food so you can imagine how hard it is to keep food around the house, healthy stuff that is. I work in Toronto and live in Richmond hill, about 30 min away, a bit longer in traffic. I was never fat growing up as I lived i a small town and spent my summers running and biking all over the place. I began to enjoy lifting when I was 12 but ran into the party scene when I was 16, stopped lifting and gained quite a bit of weight (15 lbs). I've struggled with my weight since then but went down to 135 pounds during college when money was scarce for food. I was lifting at this time but still not eating great. Now I weight around 163 pounds but have a strong frame behind me. I think that if I can work on eating the amount of calories I eat now but with a clean diet I will get to where I want to be. Now all I need is self control with food. I think it will be awhile and a lot of organizing before I get there but with what I learn here and other sources of motivation I think I will get there soon enough.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:17 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Great attitude Ashlee! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 05:08 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey Girls,
My name is Jennifer. I am 23 yrs old and married with no kids..... yet. I am a program coordinator for Teens in our township and have a degree in Economics. My passion is fitness and music. I developed an eating disorder in college due to a boyfriend who would comment on my "gained weight". I was never big at all, he just controlled me by using my only insecurity, my body. I ended up gaining and losing weight by a few pounds with the disorder. What finally got me on the right track is my adoring husband, boyfriend at the time! He dragged me to the therapists office on our college campus and forced me to get help. During that time, I landed on this websight and have been here ever since. This sight allowed me to never be "afraid" while going through recovery and STICKING to the healthy eating and living lifestyle. I cannot express my appreciation for everyone here! My other hobbies: reading, writing music, my husband!!, and currently studying for my group exercise and personal training certification exams.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:43 AM
kiwi girl 1 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hi There,

My name is Anne, I'm 39, and a manager within a company in New Zealand.

I don't have any kids - but have a boyfriend who loves rugby, beer and sports (from the comfort of the couch !)

I am in training for my first body building competition. It is hard work as it is really hard to loose the body fat as you get older ...so my training journal on ABC details my progress towards that event, which takes place in November.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:10 AM
Claudia should change his/her status!
Stranger

Hey everyone Iím Claudia,
19 y o uni student, in my 2nd yr now. Iíve generally been fit all my life, playing many hours of volleyball a week, but I have always been slightly chubby.
I slacked off a bit last year, with poor eating and drinking habits.
I didnít realize what I had done to by body till I got sick quiet frequently in the 2nd semester. And clothes didnít fit me anymore
Since the start of the year Iíve been slowly fixing up my eating habits, and now barely ever drink alcohol
December last year I weighed ~75kg, and Iím now 65kg.
I didnít notice the weight loss until I wore a pair of pants that had been in my cupboard for months that almost fell off my *** Ė first complained to mum about them stretching.....but then I realized what went on.
So since then I have been going to the gym now for about 1.5 months and already noticed big difference in my body.

Iíve been lurking around this web site for a while just reading and learning as much as possible.
My aim is to get my body into proportion ( I have long dangly arms and legs and a wider torso) Ė Iím 6'tall and Iím not really bothered about the number on the scale I just want to be fit and strong by next volleyball season so I can start playing again Ė and maybe even beach if I feel confident enough running around in a bikini.

Claudia
Old 07-06-2003, 06:05 AM
devGoAt should change his/her status!
Middleweight

err...I'm a guy, but this thread is fascinating...lets see, 36 years old living in the city of sails in NZ. Not really the typical kiwi male sporty type (although I love rugby league and cricket), more of the bookish type. I became totally fascinated with bbing through my fathers books (thx dad) on martial arts when I was a kid. The books were packed full of hardcore exercises that you could do without equipment.

When I left school and went to university I hit the gym big time. I must have been full of testosterone, as I made great gains without worrying about diet and had a pretty sloppy routine. And this is where I really got a huge kick out of lifting weights, getting insane pumps and then the post workout endorphin rush.

Met my future wife and lost interest in the gym - or more to the point, my time became somewhat monopolised [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Fast forward some years, the marriage is toast and during the process I lost 15kg of accumulated fat through stress and a somewhat flakey appetite.

I knew exactly what I needed to do - hit the gym, hit the weights and started eating clean. I wanted to keep the fat off and feel good. Two years later and I'm in what I think is pretty good shape. Gained about 7kg (15 pounds) while keeping the bf% below 10%.

Thinking about it a little, I come from a family of 4 boys, of which two of us (including myself) are built like my father. I'm blessed with a classic meso body type - something that I am eternally thankful for everytime I walk into the gym.

In a lot of ways the gym and lifting has kept me sane and has taught me a lot about myself and what I am capable of. I never miss a workout and just totally love it.

Found ABC on a gaming forum (go figure) and just loved the hardcore info and the community atmosphere.

Only thing I hate about this sport - buying clothes and the shocking food/supp budget.