womanly help - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 11:17 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default womanly help

Alright, I've heard of hard training (low caloric intake, etc.) causing women to stop having periods...but have any of you heard of hard training causing women (who are on birth control pills) to have extra or way early periods?

If not then I'll be calling the doc Monday!
Old 07-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Chicker should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: womanly help

I don't know if it's because of the hard training, but I'm training hard and on the pill and I still have heavy/early/long periods.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:46 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Nope, not me anyway. The opposite is true for me, mine stop.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:10 AM
Strive2Define should change his/her status!

YES, I had this happen to me...once I started losing all of my body fat and training really hard, my periods became VERY irregular...I was averaging every 14 days and then some months it would go a full 30 days or more...I spoke to my gynocologist and was informed that this was a common occurrence and it should level out on it own within a few months..it has.But to be on the safe side,you should always check with your doctor.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Cherie should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I have irregular periods but I write it down to my age and I expect I am premenopausal. I don't know if this applies to you too (what your age is) I have heard that taking St Johns Root oil (name??) can interfere with the trustworthyness of your pill, it was mentioned quite a few times on a BFL forum I visit. Having a test will put your mind at rest all is ok.

Cherie
Old 07-04-2003, 06:36 AM
sicily1962 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I was having horrible periods 2yrs ago that had been happening for several years.
I would be lucky if i could go 14 days at one point w/o having one.

come to find out i had a pollup - that my doctor removed thinking that was the problem.
I finally chose to have a thermo-balloon surgery. (outpatient) that cured that period problem.
It was a better alternative for me than having a hysterectomy...i couldn't justify that. Why force myself into early menopause?
Even today, i have no symptoms of that at 41.

Now i have normal periods at normal intervals until my bodyfat drops below 14-15%. So, as i prepare for competition i stop having periods and as soon as my bodyfat rises above that mark, they come back.

http://groups.msn.com/WeightliftingW...nw?albumlist=2

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is
a habit."
Aristotle 384-322 BC,
Greek Philosopher and Scientist

http://images.netrition.com/cards/heaping1.jpg

Winning isn't everything, but wanting to is...
Success is a road that's paved with perserverance.

OBSESSION is a word the lazy use to describe DEDITCATED!!

Spring Show: 4/13/02
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...Photos?a=33170

"A Hard Woman Is Good To Find"

Old 07-04-2003, 11:03 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Yeah, right around 15% seems to be my magic number too. When I dropped down to 15% (my lowest) I lost my period as well. That fact, along with the fact that I cannot get below 16% bodyfat without cutting calories, tells me that my body is NOT comfortable AT ALL under 16%. I really have to FIGHT with it to get below 16%. I lose my period and have to deal with being hungry all the time to be below 16%. I guess that's MY body's limit according to my genetics. Some women seem to be able to hold 15% and below no problem, not me. Just one of those things ya gotta except I guess. I gotta except it or else spend my life always fighting my body which is impractical. Anyway, just some other thoughts/realizations there. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Closed Thread