Body For Life - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 03:52 PM
sian_cb should change his/her status!

Default Body For Life

So I am considering this Body For Life program, but wanted to know if anyone out there has had success with it? I am 10 months post-pardum, and have to say the least been lazy in my weight loss. I have about 15-20 lbs to loose, but am curious... can you really loose that kinda weight in only 12 weeks, and is 20 minutes of cardio 3x/week really enough?
Old 05-12-2003, 04:15 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Body For Life

alot of people have had success with the BFL program. i personally have not done it.

and yes 20 minutes of cardio 3x/week is really enough. i suggest using HIIT for cardio on a cut.

generally you want to lose 1-2 lbs per week so it can be done in 12 weeks. remember that your diet plays a key role in decreasing bodyfat!

i am going to suggest the 12-week program from this site. there is a workout and a diet.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...ss_workout.htm
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/fatlossdiet.htm
Old 05-12-2003, 04:25 PM
mama2Six should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I have done several challanges on BFL and I love it. Never felt hungry, had enough food choices - LOVED the free day thing and it did work VERY well for me. I averaged a loss of close to 20 pounds in 2 of my challanges.
Amy
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Remember that in a race everyone runs, but
only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you
will win. [25] All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a
prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. [26] So I run
straight to the goal with purpose in every step. I am not like a boxer who
misses his punches. [27] I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to
do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself
might be disqualified.

Old 05-12-2003, 04:29 PM
LiquidStayce should change his/her status!
Rookie

I know numerous people that have had success with this program especially when they follow it exactly. It is really good if you are just looking for something simple to do. I think I would probably get bored if I followed his workouts to a T. I like the fact that my personal trainer/ b/f's workouts are a bit more creative. I did somewhat of a modified BFL program for a little while and stole some of the basic prinicpals. His book was very inspiring and a great read. I really liked his concepts on goal setting and the mental components of the program.

As far as the cardio goes, his interval concepts are really good too. However, I don't agree that after 20 minutes cardio is uselss. Personally, my body feels better when I go for a longer duration and base the intervals soley off of my heart rate. If memory serves me correctly, it has been about a year since I read his book, I believe his argument was that after 20 minutes of cardio you begin to burn muscle. I would love to hear peoples thoughts about this concept. I would think that the burning of muscle happens after a much longer duration or when you are working closer to your max HR or at the high end of your training zone for a long period of time.
Some people say dare to dream. I dare you to make them come true. - by Stacy
AOL IM & YAHOO IM: Liquidstayce

Old 05-12-2003, 05:40 PM
learningtofish should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Yeah, it really works. Follow it exactly and you will lose 20 or more in three months and look very fit. It is an excellant program and is good to build a solid foundation for other activities. I would consider enhancing the weight training with some of the things that are listed here.
Closed Thread