HELP ME ! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 11:23 AM
NC should change his/her status!

Default HELP ME !

Okay ladies….here in lies the dilemma. I am going to be away for a month on vacation. The problem is I’m worried I won’t be able to do my regular weight training [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ! I’m going to India first for two weeks. While I’m there I know I can get my cardio and abs done. However, since I’m such a skinny toothpick, EVERYONE is going to try to stuff me and turn me into a nice plump tomato. I think I might have access to a 10kg dumbbell, but that’s it. Now I do have resistor bands. You now the kind that they have in the gyms. They use them mostly for those workout classes. I have the blue color which has the medium resistance. If you guys think I should go and buy the band with the highest resistant, I’ll go get it.
I know I can get AMPLE FISH/protein when I’m down there because Bombay (Originally called Mumbai) has TONS of fish…yummy…yummy. Plus, everyone’s goal over there will be to STUFF me until I turn into a mini sized Humpty dumpty.
After Mumbai, I’m going to Dubai, located in the United Arab Emirates – my home ! for 2 weeks again.
So do I just stick with doing cardio 4 times a week. The only cardio I can really get done is running. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
I won’t have access to Whey Protein…..sigh. I’m so used to having that here every 3 hours or so, especially in between meals.
I’m so worried about my lower body workout….sigh [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] !!!
Can the resistor band help with any lower body exercises ? I’m obviously going to try and do whatever I can to feel the burn.
Any advice would be HIGHLY appreciated. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Omskakas should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: HELP ME !

Well, you could do for example pushups, triceps pushups, pullups (if you can find something that you can hang from), full body squats, full body lunges, full body calf raises etc. Or you could put something heavy in a backbag and do those leg excercises with some added resistance.

I'm facing the same situation in 3 weeks and I won't be able to use "real weights" for 2-3 months, so if someone has better ideas, I'd be very interested too.

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can make a fool of yourself anytime.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:46 AM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: HELP ME !

Omskakas gave you some great ideas, and I'll add that you can do lots of stuff with those resistance bands. I had a trainer once who spent one of our sessions doing only exercises with stuff like that. It was a "travel" workout, and it kicked my butt. For example, I did squats with the band.

You lay the band on the floor and stand on it, feet shoulder width apart. Grab the handles and bring them up to your shoulders, with your palms UP, and shoulder level. So the band is now coming up beside your leg and outside your arms rather than in front of you. Does that make sense? It's kind of hard to describe. Anyway, with the tension created by your hands holding the bands, squat! You'll really be surprised at the workout!

Here's another killer leg workout, if I can describe. Ideally you'd do it holding a medicine ball but if you don't have one, just your body weight will do. My trainer called it the "quad burner." You start by doing 15 squats. You IMMEDIATELY do 15 jumping lunges. In other words, standing in place you jump and go down into the lunge position. You jump again, switching your front leg. Do a total of 15 of these (not 15 per leg). Then again, IMMEDIATELY, you do 15 jumping squats. You jump up, extending your arms overhead, then land comind down in the squat position.

So when it's all said and done you've done 45 rapid fire moves and your legs are burning! Do three sets of these with either some calf raises or rest in between. It's killer.

I've got more stuff like this but my post is getting a bit long so I'll stop!

Good luck to you! And enjoy your trip!
Old 05-09-2003, 12:05 PM

Default Thanks a TON

Wow....you are awome. I'd love to hear more exercises with the use of resistor bands. I have used resistor bands in the past but not too much...I have also observed trainers with their clients using it. SO I know of a few exersices that could be done.
My main goal is not to let my mucles stay obsolete doing nothing.
Oh, I know my brothe will be able to get me a pir of dumbells. SO I'm happy that I'll be able to do walking lunges+ reverse lunges + a good bicep workout.
THANKS A TON Schless with the other tips you mentioned....I'll do anything to feel the burn and hopefllu feel sore the next day. Plus it will be a good change from my current workout.
Once again THANK YOU SO MUCH for the info. I'm a bit relieved now....PHEW.

Old 05-09-2003, 12:08 PM

Default Thank you too !!!

Thanks Omskakas ! You know I just realzied I haven't done push up/tricep push ups in soooo long. Up to this point I've only been doing things using the machines/dumbells. I remeber how doing push ups would really get my heart rate up. Read what Schless had to say....she has some great ideas. If you don't already have a resistor band, go and buy one. I know it does work becuase I've used it before.
Good luck and thanks for your input once again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2003, 03:14 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Thank you too !!!

i remember a long time ago when our soccer conditioning coach used to make us sit against a wall, but of course without the chair. so you lean against a wall and pretend to sit like your on a chair but your not really on a chair. sometimes we had to hold the position for a minute... a minute of pure hell i might add. my legs would start shaking after 15 seconds. it might be something you could end your workout on. i do this every now and then and hold for 30 seconds at the end of my workouts. its a great burn.

great suggestions schless and omskakas!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 03:32 PM
workinhard should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

you might want to try going through the exercises on the tab at the top of the page to get some ideas - they don't all include weights.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:25 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

OK, here's one more. Again, better if you can hold a medicine ball, or maybe a 5lb DB in one hand to make it harder.

Find something somewhat unstable to stand on. In the gym I do this on a folded over mat. Now, stand on one leg (let's say your left leg). Then take your opposite (right) hand, bend at the waist, and lean forward as if you're going to place your hand on the floor a couple of inches to the left of your left foot. (Again, ideally you're holding some kind of weight in your right hand.) Do 12-15 of these then switch legs.

I feel this in my glutes, quads, and hammies, and with the unstable surface beneath you your abs and other stabilizers have to come into play as well.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Omskakas should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I found this:
http://www.stumptuous.com/noweights.html

This resistance band is new to me. What kind of different excercises can you do with it? I guess many pulling excercises but I'm not sure...

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can make a fool of yourself anytime.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:33 PM

Default thanks everyone

Thanks everyone....really appreciate all the info !!!! I'll be leaving this tuesday....oh my....that's sooo close from today...GULP ! Have fun and I'll be sure to tune in while I'm over seas ! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread