anyone with implants? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 09:51 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: anyone with implants?ATTN: Leanne

[ QUOTE ]
learningtofish said:
what is a mastopexy?

[/ QUOTE ]

A breast "lift". Basically puts 'em back up on the chest where they're supposed to be [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] !! Two pregnancies, 24 months of breastfeeding, and weight gain and loss can tend to make those babies head south, if ya know what I mean [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:25 AM
learningtofish should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Interesting. My wife's chest has dropped a bit after the kids, and she has lost some weight due to working out. So... she was thinking of implants but was not aware of this procedure. What is the extent of the procedure and is there much discomfort
Old 04-03-2003, 09:12 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

It's less invasive than implant surgery because the incisions are all superficial (skin only- no muscle is cut). Depending on how much excess skin is removed cup size may be a little smaller although no actual breast tissue is removed. I went from a C cup to a small B cup, so if size is really important (it's not to me) then implants are a better option. I happen to have fibrocystic breasts and a family history of breast cancer so I didn't want any possibility of anything interfering with my mammograms. I've heard many doctors say implants don't interfere with mammogram readings, but there are also some who say they do. I just wasn't willing to take any chances. Plus I was SOOO big when I was pregnant that I realize how uncomfortable and in the way they can be.

As far as the incisions, there is one under the breast which is hidden in the crease, one around the areola which is hidden by the color change there, and one from the center of the bottom of the areola down to meet the one in the crease. It's called an anchor cut. I'm VERY pale and my scars have faded very well. If your wife is really interested in this option you can PM me for more details if you'd like. I really think it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I have no regrets whatsoever!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:34 PM
learningtofish should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Thanks, I am going to e-mail this page for her to look at.
Closed Thread