Flax Oil - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 12:59 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Flax Oil

I am sooo into flax oil right now! I'm looking for ways to put it into almost everything [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]! I feel so much better and less fatigued since I started adding in a tablespoon or so a day, spacing it out between meals. I've made a lot of changes for the good in my diet lately, so I'm not really sure why I'm so convinced that it is the flax oil that is making the most significant difference- it's just a "gut" feeling (pun intended [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). I feel so much better that I don't even mind the way it tastes anymore. Now that's saying something!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 02:00 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Flax Oil

I've always been a flax seed meal person myself, but I'm about out and want to switch to either regular flax oil or Udo's. Couple of questions for you...

1. How do you know how much to take each day?

2. Do you mix your's with anything, or just take it straight?

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2003, 03:57 PM
BimmerMlis should change his/her status!
Rookie

I've been taking a tbsp a day, split between breakfast and dinner.

I like the Udo choice oil. It has a nutty aftertaste that isn't too bad, especially if you chase it with a shake or something. It's the first time I've ever used it so I only invested in a smaller bottle, but I plan to increase to 2 tbsp a day (unless someone here suggests otherwise) next week, and will therefore need to get the bigger bottle.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:33 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I'm sure I found the reference here somewhere, but I can't remember exactly where- probably one of Krypto's articles. Anyway, based on that reference I figured I need 1-1.5 tablespoons a day. I spread them out through all my meals, a teaspoon at a time. I mix it with my oatmeal in the morning (after it's cooked), with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar to go on a salad at lunch, and right in with my cottage cheese before bed (that one takes a little getting used to). You can also mix it in a shake, but the only time I really use shakes is post workout and you don't want any fats there.
Closed Thread