male vs. female pushups - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 08:29 PM
Dragonzeye should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default male vs. female pushups

I know that there is no such thing as male or female workouts... How come there is a specific position for women to do pushups and the regular way that all men do them. Maybe I should have posted this in training, but figured it was more of a women's topic. I can't do pushups the regular way, but can do them with my legs crossed... Do ya think I'm just psyching myself out? Hmmmmmm
Old 03-28-2003, 11:09 PM
Xtreme1986 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: male vs. female pushups

If you can't do them normally try really slow negatives then just get up however you can then do another negative. Or pushup as far as you can until you can't.. just keep trying and you'll get it really soon.. probably really really soon
Chin-ups:12
Old 03-29-2003, 04:37 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I do tons of different sort of push ups every week due to my boxing classes but when I started in the beginning I did them on my knees as well.
It still works well. Then slowly I did one or two on my feet (and the rest on my knees) and slowly build up my strength.
A little patience and you'll see. Good luck!!

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 03-29-2003, 10:21 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i actaully do both. i will exhaust myself with the male style push-ups then drop to my knees and exhaust myself with the female style push-ups! i find it great for ending a chest workout! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2003, 11:54 PM
awds should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

lol can it be because girls have breats ? just woundering , if you cant do a push up regularly then try putting your feet on a chair and do it off that.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:02 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
awds said:
lol can it be because girls have breats ? just woundering , if you cant do a push up regularly then try putting your feet on a chair and do it off that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope the boobs aren't a hinder for normal push ups....... You're right, it could be but they are not (except if you got a 105E -don't know the American sizes there but this is more than HUGE! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img])

If you put your feet on a chair the push ups get even harder to do. The more declined it gets the more it's the shoulders working (and since delts are small muscles comparing to the pecs, well it gets harder.......) BUT good thing to do as warm up! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 03-31-2003, 05:53 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Traditionally, women have less strength in their upper bodies than men-so it's alot tougher for us to do proper pressups and chinups, BUT with training you can do it. It just takes practice. As suggested, just try starting with full pushps, then drop down as soon as you fail to "women"s ones.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:16 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Philia2 said:
[If you put your feet on a chair the push ups get even harder to do. The more declined it gets the more it's the shoulders working (and since delts are small muscles comparing to the pecs, well it gets harder.......) BUT good thing to do as warm up! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I understand that this is true, and it makes sense to me anatomically, but I really find decline push-ups to be easier than regular "flat" ones! Why is that? I don't think it's because my delts are really strong because if there's a muscle group I've undertrained it's my shoulders due to all the neck problems I've had over the past few years. Interesting [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].
Old 03-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Dragonzeye should change his/her status!
Rookie

Thanks all of you! I'm going to do it! Gonna try and try harder... after I shake this cold [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Anyway, I appreciate all of the input!