Guess What? I'm Officially Moonlighting!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 09:22 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Guess What? I\'m Officially Moonlighting!!

Some of you may remember that I decided to quit my group fitness instructor job because it was interfering with my own training progress (I was teaching Body Sculpt). Well, guess what? Yesterday I was offered a job using my nursing skills at a local gym that uses RN's to do their fitness testing! The pay is pretty laughable, but it's only two mornings a week and I get a free gym membership at 3 locations [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Plus, it will give me an opportunity to develop my skinfold measurement and fitness counseling skills. And since they also utilize personal trainers, I may be able to "multitask" and finally USE that PT cert I've had for a year now!!!! Maybe someone will be so impressed with my knowledge during their nurse visit (thanks ABC!) that they'll buy a PT package with me, which would pay a lot better.

I certainly can't afford to quit my "day job" yet, but it does give me the ability to cut down at least one 8 hr. shift a month. I'll get to be immersed in an atmosphere I really love, so I'm pretty psyched. It really feels like a step in the right direction [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !
Old 03-27-2003, 10:25 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Guess What? I\'m Officially Moonlighting!!

cool! sounds like it will be right up your alley [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 10:57 AM
workinhard should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Hi lifterchick,
I was curious since you tought a "body sculpt" class (it's actually called powerflex at my gym), what your thoughts are on it. I take a class like that a couple of times a week and seem to be getting pretty good results so far but I'm guessing it will only work for so long without switching things up a bit right? I do cardio 2-3 times a week and take the powerflex class 2-3 times per week.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:14 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
workinhard said:
I'm guessing it will only work for so long without switching things up a bit right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Workinhard,

In my experience that's true. Body sculpting was actually my intro to weightlifting, which is what motivated me to teach it to others. But after about 4-6 months I really reached a plateau, even when "pushing" myself, which prompted me to hire a trainer and move into the "real" gym.

I personally think sculpting classes are a fantastic and fun way to build that muscle base, teach your body the movement patterns and proper form of lifting, and develop a real enjoyment of the sport. Once you stop seeing changes, though, it's time to develop a real training split and start challenging your new muscle to grow with some heavier weights. Have fun with it for now, but recognize it for what it is- a beginning.

And BTW- Welcome to ABC!

Old 03-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Dragonzeye should change his/her status!
Rookie

When you do what you love to do and get paid for it, it ain't work [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]