Counting Carbs Question - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: Counting Carbs Question

It's so funny that I posted this b/c a friend of mine is on Weight Watchers and she gave me a recipe for low fat brownie cupcakes. On the points system she is on, each brownie is worth 1 point only, so I was trying to do the math to see why. She had no idea about what the nutritional breakdown was. so I did the breakdown and it turned out that each brownie is:
129 cals
2.5 g protein
2.3 g fat
28 g carbs
4 g fibre

I still can't figure out the points rationale, but they sure stopped me from eating a chocolate bar the other night. The fibre count makes sense, I suppose, but I personally will not be counting my carbs that way, I am hopeless at math and this will just make my head spin way more than it usually does. Confusing.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:07 PM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
soccerchick said:
i find it easier to just count everything too... i think i will just stick with that.

simpler is best for me. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Fitday and it gives you a tally of all the fiber you ate along w/ total carbohydrates. The percentage they actually give you is the total carbohydrate count of foods entered minus (-) the fiber in those foods which equals (=) the percentage of net carbs consumed. So fitday does it automatically for me! Screw the math, I'm horrible at it! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2003, 10:05 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
Cristy said:
I use Fitday and it gives you a tally of all the fiber you ate along w/ total carbohydrates. The percentage they actually give you is the total carbohydrate count of foods entered minus (-) the fiber in those foods which equals (=) the percentage of net carbs consumed. So fitday does it automatically for me! Screw the math, I'm horrible at it! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i use fitday too and never realized this... lol
Old 03-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I noticed one day when I did my ratios at work then logged them in and got a different percentage. I subtracted the fiber and then I got the same thing that fitday came up with! Boy, it makes life so much easier! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 01:10 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

[ QUOTE ]
soccerchick said:
i use fitday too and never realized this... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, me neither. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2003, 07:58 AM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

If you ever make a custom food on fitday, it won't let you complete the entry unless the calories from carbs equals the total carbs cals MINUS the fiber carb cals! Took me a good 5 minutes one day to figure out what the problem was (which is really bad cuz it was written in red letters at the top of the screen [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]!).
Old 03-26-2003, 10:04 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

OMG lifterchick - i had the hardest time putting in a custom food and it kept telling me the carbs were wrong and did not add up... i was also trying to put the fiber in as well as the carbs. i just ended up not putting the fiber in there because i was getting so frustrated! i knew i was not entering the numbers in wrong 20 times in a row! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] now it makes sense to me...
Closed Thread