Help!! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 04:28 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Help!!

I would give anything to complain about being too skinny [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Tarybaby should change his/her status!
Stranger

I know alot of people say that but it's like this I count my blessings everyday and I am grateful for my health. I'm not complaining that I'm to skinny but I would really like to put on at least 5 pounds and if I can't so be it..

It's like this people can tell me I'm skinny all the time and I'm suppose to take it as a compliment (which is fine I do..) But you don't see people ever walking around telling people oh your so fat. Just never quit understood why it's ok to tell people that there so skinny but it's not ok to tell a fat person there really fat.. If calling someone fat is not a nice thing to say then how is calling someone skinny a nice thing to say.. Just don't understand that.. Sometimes when people say I'm skinny I don't know how to take it.. Good or Bad.. (Fat use to be in and skinny was out. Oh for Society.) I'd die just to gain a few pounds.. Anyway it's not what's on the outside that counts its whats on the inside..
Don't know if any of this makes since to you but I hope it does.. Just gets irritating when people ask me how I stay so skinny. I don't get mad at them though. I've been small forever and I'm use to it now but it does get irritating..
Well it's been nice talkin to ya.. Again I hope this makes some kinda since to ya..
Old 03-21-2003, 11:46 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

[ QUOTE ]
schless said:
Here 'ya go!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...er=***********

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have any questions about it or need something explained, just let me know! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And keep in mind, I'm certainly NOT a perfect example, I have flaws in my diet as well, one of them being not eating enough whole protein foods, I drink too MANY protein shakes. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Also keep in mind I'm just maintaining, neither cutting or bulking. But I still try to keep my diet pretty clean.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Tarybaby should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thanks, So what other types of foods besides meats are real high in protein.. And is'nt drinking protein shakes just as good for getting your protein intake everyday. Protein is the best way to put on weight. Right? The more of it I consume everyday the more pounds I'll more than likely put on. Is that right?
Old 03-23-2003, 05:29 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

There are other good sources of protein, though not all of them will be as high as meat sources. Off the top of my head cottage cheese, beans (such as black beans), nuts, and peanut butter (natural) come to mind, but I know there's others as well.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:34 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

[ QUOTE ]
Tarybaby said:
Thanks, So what other types of foods besides meats are real high in protein..

[/ QUOTE ]

PROTEINS

Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Tuna (water packed)
Fish (salmon, seabass, halibut)
Shrimp
Extra Lean Ground Beef or Ground Round (92-96%)
Venison
Buffalo
Ostrich
Protein Powder
Egg Whites or Eggs
Ribeye Steaks or Roast
Top Round Steaks or Roast (aka Stew Meat, London Broil, Stir Fry)
Top Sirloin (aka Sirloin Top Butt)
Beef Tenderloin (aka Filet, Filet Mignon)
Top Loin (NY Strip Steak)
Flank Steak (Sir Fry, Fajita)
Eye of Round (Cube Meat, Stew Meat, Bottom Round , 96% LeandGround Round)
Ground turkey, Turkey Breast Slices or cutlets (fresh meat, not deli cuts)

[ QUOTE ]
And is'nt drinking protein shakes just as good for getting your protein intake everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but there are many reasons why you shouldn't rely too much on protein shakes for your protein.

[ QUOTE ]
Protein is the best way to put on weight. Right? The more of it I consume everyday the more pounds I'll more than likely put on. Is that right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. Protein is not the single sole macronutrient that will cause you to gain weight, altho yes, it is definitely needed. If it was just protein you eat a lot of to gain weight, then I wouldn't be consuming more than 200 grams of it like I do some days cause I'm NOT trying to gain weight. You gain weight by taking in more calories than you are burning and usually people will mainly increase their carbohydrates to put on weight. For example, whether I'm trying to gain weight or trying to lose, personally, I stick to about 40% of my calories from protein. It doesn't change whether I'm eating to lose or eating to gain. What I change is the carbohydrates. I increase my total calories while also increasing my carbohydrate ratio.
Closed Thread