how long 'til goal is met? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 06:32 PM
becks should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default how long \'til goal is met?

I've been playing around a bit the last couple months with lifting weights and eating right; I lost about 10 pounds (now at 122), gained some muscle, and surely lost some body fat. Measured for the first time a couple weeks ago and was about 17% BF. Starting Monday, a friend and I plan to really go for it, eating right and lifting hard.

Okay, so the question is this: how long would/should/could it take to hit my goal of 13% BF? Or perhaps that is too far of a goal and I should first go for 15%, then go again for 13%? Just looking for a ballpark figure here.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Cece should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: how long \'til goal is met?

I suppose it depends on you, your routine, and your diet. You should look at the 13 week hardcore fat burning diet and workout posted on this site - as well as look at Krypto's journal. I wouldn't think that it would take too long to lose the fat - you may also gain some muscle as well.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Barke is Done
Light-Heavyweight

it depends..although your goal seems very realistic. Keep workin' hard. Also you may wanna shoot for some short term goals on the way to your major goal..like fitting into a old pair of jeans or something.
I Corinthians 9:27
"...I beat my body and make it my slave..."

Genesis 27:3
"Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison"
Old 03-23-2003, 01:15 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Theoretically, if you could get your nutrition just right to where you are losing 1% body fat per week, then it should take 4 weeks. But unfortunately it usually doesn't work that way. The leaner you get, the slower it is to lose, more like 1/2% of bodyfat per week. And it does depend on many factors such as the others have said. If you can keep losing steadily, 1/2 - 1% of bodyfat per week, without hitting a plateau, then 2 months tops and you should be at your goal. Make sense? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2003, 05:57 PM
becks should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thanks to all. Makes a lot of sense. I do have some clothes I'd like to see fit a little better, so that will help with short-term goals. Unfortunately, though, I measured again today and am pretty sure I didn't measure right the first time: now it says I'm at about 19.5% BF, which seems more realistic to me. Oh well... the only place I can start from is where I am, right? Look out, summer, here I come!
Closed Thread