How can I get him fit again? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 12:37 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default How can I get him fit again?

My boyfriend used to be really fit- he loves sports like diving and windsurfing and rowing, and also likes running. Lately he has been very busy at work and hasn't had time for fitness. I've just persuaded him to join my gym (which he loves as it's a really posh place), and he came to my boxing class for the first time yesterday. However, he is a little less firm than he used to be in the muscle department. He's used weights before, but not in a very structured way. But when he goes to the gym he only does CV stuff or swims. How can I nudge him in the direction of the weights? And how can I suggest a structured programme to him? He doesn't take advice that well...
Any advice from guys or girls would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Xtreme1986 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: How can I get him fit again?

I think that he's doing Cardio and swimming is good enough.. I mean if he's going to a gym and not lifting weights it is obviously because he doesn't wish to because he has access to it right? If he's doing cardio and swimming thn he must be fit at some degree i think you just want him muscle bound which there's nothing wrong with but it's up to him just be thankful he's not a lazy bum
Chin-ups:12
Old 02-21-2003, 01:39 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

No I am thankful every day!! He just seems to be in the "female" type mindset at the moment that says you get going with the cardio first then do weights after a while. I don't want him to be muscle bound! It;s just that he used to be a bit more rounded and stronger when he used to do weights. Perhaps I should ask him to spot me and suggest we lift together,then he would be able to do my programme too.
Trouble is we usually work out at different times.
Ah well,I can't make him do it if he doesn;t want to- at least he's not sitting on his but in front of the TV drinking beer and eating pizza.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Xtreme1986 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

That's actually a great idea! Getting him to spot you sometime when you happen to workout together is brilliant.. Give it a try
Chin-ups:12
Old 02-21-2003, 02:09 PM
W8lifter2 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

That was gonna be my suggestion. Get him to spot you on a few sets, or ask how to do a few things or say "can you show me how you used to do..." and maybe that'll get the spark back in. But yes, at least he is doing something *S* Until next time...

Bob!
Closed Thread