EMS and effectiveness - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 11:45 AM
whisperer should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default EMS and effectiveness

Hello Peeps
I am new to body building and need to learn quite alot. One of the questions I have is with regards to EMS and if it actually works. The reason I want to know is that I've always had trouble with my abs after having my last baby. Any help you could give me would be great. <font color="black"> </font color>
Old 01-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: EMS and effectiveness

In a word...NO! Studies here in Canada have proven that a certain EMS ab device (which shall remain nameless)was ABsolutely useless. The company has been confronted on it's making false claims and is now stating that anyone who purchased it's product can send it back for a refund. Actually, I would name it, but I can't recall the manufacturer. There is no better substitute for pure and simple exercise....if it were THAT easy there would be no need for a great site like this. The vehicle to get you where you want to be is within yourself! Good Luck...keep coming back!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:19 PM
LAM should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: EMS and effectiveness

the only studies that show EMS is effective are those performed on medical patients who are bed bound for extended periods of time. as their bodys are not exposed to the normal activities/movements associated with daily living EMS does help to limit the effects of atrophy