Is hunger a good sign or a bad sign? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Cristy should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Is hunger a good sign or a bad sign?

I think I'll try that egg concoction you mentioned! Eggs (not yolk) are a great staple in our (bb's) diet, but there's something about them I don't like. I think it's the texture. I always have to put salsa or something on it to mask the taste of it. When I eat hard boiled eggs, I have to put loads of salt on it (hmm salt-not good)! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I've grown to like them a little more, I wish I could change my taste buds though!
Old 01-11-2003, 09:11 PM
wendyp should change his/her status!
Stranger

I think I found the solution to my nighttime hunger the other day. I was trying to cycle my carbs, going by what I read here on some thread. I didn't pay close enough attention though and ended up with 3 low carb days in a row. I'm pretty sure that's what my problem was.

The article on not eating before training matches with my experience. I work out right after I wake up and I always train on an empty stomach, I feel horrible if I train after I've eaten. But I'm very hungry for that first meal of the day, which is immediately following my workout. Thanks for the link!
Old 01-24-2003, 02:52 AM
Bladezz33 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Hunger is a bad sign. You should never be hungry. What are your stats? Goals? What body type are you:

http://www.doctorcabot.com/gtype.htm

Here is a little reading that may help you understand your needs in safe weight-loss. Higher protein diet and complex carbs (veggies) and vitamins will help your diet change, every change takes getting used to. (Try eating 5-6 smaller meals low in fat, more protein, low carb)

http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~exs150-p/150ch8weight.pdf

Bladezz33
Old 01-24-2003, 03:06 AM
should change his/her status! Edit

Keep in mind anytime you cut your calories below maintenance that YES, you are probably gonna feel hungry a lot of the time. You will adjust to the reduced calorie level probably after about 2 weeks, at least that's about the timeframe it took my body to adjust to at least where the hunger was more tolerable. And if you are really starving at 2-3 hours after your last meal, then yes, that is actually a good sign. It means your body is burning up those calories and ready for more, in other words it's a sign of a good metabolism. And again, when you're cutting, being hungry and watching the clock closely til next mealtime is pretty much a given. Hope this helps. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and if you are REALLY starving and have already taken in your calories for the day, I'd say go ahead and eat a little something, something that was suggested in the previous posts. Protein & fat only.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:54 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: wendyp:</font><hr>

SIgh... I really love drinking the shakes and I add carbs-in one form or another with them except for meal 3, and I will try to make more of an effort to do that. I'm at work for meal 3 and it's a problem to remember to bring a carb everyday! <hr /></blockquote>

do you like oats? those would be a good choice to add to your shake at meal 3, and they are easily brought to work [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

and i like krypto's advice on eating eggs as the last meal. i eat scrambled egg whites or cottage cheese usually.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:33 PM
wendyp should change his/her status!
Stranger

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: ***********:</font><hr> Keep in mind anytime you cut your calories below maintenance that YES, you are probably gonna feel hungry a lot of the time. You will adjust to the reduced calorie level probably after about 2 weeks, at least that's about the timeframe it took my body to adjust to at least where the hunger was more tolerable. And if you are really starving at 2-3 hours after your last meal, then yes, that is actually a good sign. It means your body is burning up those calories and ready for more, in other words it's a sign of a good metabolism. And again, when you're cutting, being hungry and watching the clock closely til next mealtime is pretty much a given. Hope this helps. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and if you are REALLY starving and have already taken in your calories for the day, I'd say go ahead and eat a little something, something that was suggested in the previous posts. Protein &amp; fat only. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm doing really well adjusting to a lowered calorie level and it's just as you described! Thanks,this is just what I needed to hear!
Closed Thread