How much sleep? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 10:46 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: How much sleep?

<blockquote><font class="small">Posted by: OldSchool:</font><hr> Hey lifter chick!

I wrote a few articles for the mag about sleep! This one may help you out!

The Z factor part II

To learn more about sleep cycles read this one:

Z factor part I.

<hr /></blockquote>
oh i forgot about those articles. definitely read those articles, they were great and were very informative!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 01:06 PM
lifterchick should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Hey Soccerchick,

I read the articles- good info there!!!! I'm trying to arrange my schedule to allow for 8-9 hrs of sleep per night. I find that if I can get that amount at least 5 nights a week, I feel pretty good. What I'm working on is trying to shift my biological clock back about 1.5-2 hrs. The more I read the more I am convinced that sleep deprivation, stress, sugar cravings, and depression/anxiety are completely inter-related. Thanks so much for posting those links for me!

I fluctuate between total zeal for achieveing my goals (15% BF, healthy diet which promotes energy and self confidence) and total frustration with my inability to accomplish any of them. From reading other posts throughout the boards, I know that others feel the same way. Fatigue is so often the factor that just tips the scales against me- preventing me from going that one extra rep or pushing myself just a LITTLE bit harder. I've tried many strategies to break this vicious cycle that holds me back- I'm really hoping that approaching it from the sleep angle will be the thing that finally helps me break through my "plateau" and start seeing gains again!

Also, thanks everyone else for your replies- it helps to know others struggle with this, too! If anyone has found a good way to beat the fatigue factor- please continue to add your sugestions! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 01:27 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i know that sleep helps me in so many ways. i can always tell if i have not had enough sleep. my body always seems to just feel and look better with the right amount of sleep.

your energy levels will be higher which will help with that one extra rep you want to get out.

good luck [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] your body will thank you once it gets enough sleep.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:18 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Yes getting your needed sleep is a very important step towards your goals.....

I normally go to sleep somewhere between 10-12 pm. In the mornings I wake up between 6-8 am. I don't use an alarm clock and I don't really need to wake up that early (work at 9.30) but I like the mornings.

I guess I get 7-9 hours sleep a night.

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 01-24-2003, 02:06 AM
DaRkAnGeL should change his/her status!

I usually get between 6-7 hrs sleep at night......

I go to bed around 11pm, waking at around 5am on average.
But........if I am at home watching television at night (which is most week-nights), I nearly always fall asleep around 8.30pm and sleep for about 1 1/2 hrs.....before waking up (always starving hungry), have something to eat, then watching tv/reading or the likes till bedtime....so that takes my daily snooze time up to 7 1/2 - 8 1/2 hrs.

I work out around 8.30am in the mornings, and by 1pm I am always feeling rather weary, so if I'm at home I catch a quick 20 min nap.......waking up feeling really refreshed.

Ever since I started weight training I have found that I sleep a lot sounder than I used to......but I seem to also need more sleep than before I started. Geuss it's the body's way of re-energising/recovering............Or maybe I'm just getting older &amp; need more ZZZZZZ's???*l*

W: 116lb
H: 5'3"
BF: 13%

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fi_wylie
Old 01-24-2003, 08:50 AM
DarkLotus should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Depending on how tired I am, I am usually asleep by 9 pm, 8 PM the earliest, 10 PM the very latest. I get up at 5 AM to go to work, get home by 4 PM and work out as soon as I get in from work. On the weekends I sleep in as late as I can, some Sundays I lay in bed an doze till noon! I can't function on less than 6-7 hours sleep, I am a zombie. I'm gonna go read those articles now [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread