BodyFat Scale Question - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 06:19 PM
precious should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default BodyFat Scale Question

Hi everyone....
I'm new here...but I have been working out regularly for the past year and a half, mostly just trying to get in shape etc.

This year my main goal is to tone up and get down to about 15% BF.

Anyhow, I have a question regarding BF scales. The ones I have seen are by Tanita and I notice that there is a model that has the ATHLETE setting. The guy told me that if you workout regularly the ADULT setting will not give an accurate result. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the ATHLETE and ADULT settings? How much of a variance is there between the two?

Thanks for you help!!

<font color="blue"> </font color>

Old 01-14-2003, 09:04 PM
The 509th should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: BodyFat Scale Question

There was a news program on that eary yesterday that did a test of them - read here Click Here The article is brief but here is another also - Click Here
Old 01-14-2003, 10:16 PM
Libby2 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: BodyFat Scale Question

I bought one of those scales back in the fall. Healthometer, I believe is the brand name. I also own a pair of callipers. Using the scale my bf is said to be 27%, whereas with the callipers it is estimated that my bodyfat is about 18% (17.6%), using 3 different body sites. I use the scale when I am in a hurry and just want a rough idea. I then subtract about 9 from the number on the scale.
I would suggest that if you are planning on getting one of those high end scales to invest the $19.99 as well in a pair of callipers. For they are going to be the closest to accurate out of the two.