Unsweetened Soya Milk/ Fruit (low GI) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 03:11 PM
strivetoachieve should change his/her status!

Default Unsweetened Soya Milk/ Fruit (low GI)

LADIES, what do you gals think about this new brand of soya milkI have found (its unsweetened low sodium per cup cal 85, C4, P8, F4), is it good snack with a protein bar or protein muffins (made from Dr.Atkins low carb mix, still have to try that), what about the sweented (cane juice) soya milk?? & fruit, has fructose, but the ones low in Gi have quite a bit of nutritents, apples, strawberries, whats the best combinaion and time to have fruits??? ohh!!! what about heavy whip cream on soya milk (if you are not taking any saturated fat at all during the day)???/
Old 09-01-2002, 08:42 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Unsweetened Soya Milk/ Fruit (low GI)

Heavy whipping cream is fine. I really don't know anything about soya milk. I pretty much just avoid milk period as it is loaded with carbohydrates and blurs my definition. When you're trying to keep your carbohydrates in check (keeping them fairly low), milk just doesn't fit. And as far as protein bars and muffins go, I myself stay away from processed foods like that as much as possible as even the low carb foods have sugar alcohols in them. Sugar alcohols are just one metabolite (one chemical reaction) away from FAT! Supposedly they're just supposed to be passed thru your body but I for one, don't prefer to take that chance. I stopped eating protein bars for 3 weeks when I did the Beverly diet (posted in my journal) and I went from 17.7% body fat down to 15.3%. Anyway, I don't want to keep telling you don't eat this, don't eat that, as it'll probably only get you frustrated so I would say, go ahead and do what you think but if you're not having good results at losing fat, then think about cutting those kinds of foods out of your diet. If it works for you, then great. I just know I have to be stricter than that to stay as lean as I want. Hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:39 PM
strivetoachieve should change his/her status!

Default Re: Unsweetened Soya Milk/ Fruit (low GI)

Thanks for all your feedback you are great, yesterday night I decided this lifestyle, achieving my goals are far too important and I will do anything and everything inorder to,that 2 weeks plan didin;t even work for two days as I felt so tired and craved protein, so last night I designed my new diet, I am posting it on the forum, will over your feedback...
Cheers
Closed Thread