Ephedra- Have you read the news? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 07:28 PM
luvmypt should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Ephedra- Have you read the news?

It's coming out of the woodwork that Ephedra,a component in many of the fat burners, has been sited as the cause for at least 10 heart attack/stroke deaths in healthy women

I had taken a couple of bottles of Xenadrine and a Walmart fat-burner special. I was having episodic attacks of racing heart and weird chest pain. When hubby saw the news piece on ephedra, he saw that it was in those fat burners and threw them away.

I guess people have been complaining the to manufacturers of this 'drug' for some time now but the companies have just kept quiet about it.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:35 PM
doots should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Ephedra- Have you read the news?

yep. i've seen the news...personally, i beleive one can lose weight, gain muscle, ect. without a using ephedra...why do i beleive this? b/c i have had significant weight loss and muscle gain WITHOUT using the garbage...
Old 08-26-2002, 11:12 PM
CoLDTuRKeY should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Yeah I posted something about it in Nut & Supp. Theyre thinking about banning the stuff and I have a bunch of ECA stacks so that wouldnt be good for me. Ive never had any probs with the stuff.
Height - 6'2"
Bench - 440 lbs
Squat - 505 lbs.
Dead Lift - 545 lbs.
Power Clean - 315 lbs.

My Training Journal

Proverbs 3: 25-26...
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked,when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Old 08-27-2002, 07:02 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I think the major problem is that when people don't respect the daily doses...... AND when they drink lots of black coffee, coca cola or green tea next to the pills.

Now that's when it can get dangerous.

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Old 08-27-2002, 11:50 AM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

<font color="666666">2-3% dehydration puts an extreme strain on your heart and cardiovascular system. I think that it is mostly due to people not drinking enough fluids.</font color>

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 08-27-2002, 12:33 PM
Menace should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

And to add to that statement, most people I know rely on these fat burning supplements to suppress appetite and lose weight without knowing the facts. They still pig out and expect to lose weight just because they "think" they're using a miracle pill.

And yes, lack of water intake too. The lack of research and knowledge about these substances is what got them in trouble.

There is no such thing as getting too BIG!
BACK TO BASICS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...b/df8d8298.jpg
Old 08-28-2002, 02:41 PM
Skeezix should change his/her status!
Stranger

Philia2 hit the issue right on the head! People are assuming that if a little is good, then a lot is even better. If you do research on the historical uses of this drug, you will see that it has been a major component of Chinese herbal medicine for over 2000 years and has other beneficial side-effects other then just fat burning. The key is using it in moderation. If the FDA has its way, we may very well see this on the list of scheduled compounds some day.

If only alcohol and tobacco related illnesses/deaths recieved as much press...

Skeezix
Old 08-29-2002, 04:21 PM
Thigmotaxi should change his/her status!
Rookie

Ephedra and Tobacco have much in common. The super rich ephedra industry is who is preventing any laws from being
passed. Ephedra has made far too much money in this Country to be stopped easily. As I recall, tobacco still exists due to similar causes.
Old 08-30-2002, 04:54 AM
Philia2 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by Skeezix:</font><hr /> Philia2 hit the issue right on the head! People are assuming that if a little is good, then a lot is even better. If you do research on the historical uses of this drug, you will see that it has been a major component of Chinese herbal medicine for over 2000 years and has other beneficial side-effects other then just fat burning. The key is using it in moderation. If the FDA has its way, we may very well see this on the list of scheduled compounds some day.

If only alcohol and tobacco related illnesses/deaths recieved as much press...

Skeezix <hr /></blockquote>

You know that what bothers me the most here in France...... Everytime you have a product like flax seed oil, ephedrine, kawa kawa etc then you got some stupid peeps NOT respecting the doses and they turn ill...... AND what does the French gouverment?!!! Instead of understanding they just make the product illegal......

Okey, on the safe side, I understand but merde they don't even give us the choice!!!!!

Ah well, just my two cents.

STAY STRONG!!! xxx Nina xxxxx
www.nme-pro.com
Closed Thread