jobs opportunity? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 11:54 AM
sian_cb should change his/her status!

Default jobs opportunity?

i was curious how difficult is it to obtain a personal training certification? i have seens ads in magazines and for online training but what's legit, and how hard is it to obtain actual clients? [img]/forum/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2002, 12:45 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: jobs opportunity?

There are a lot of different associations you can get certified with and most of them you can order the materials, study, then take a certification test (of course it all costs money). Best thing to do is to call the gym you plan on working in to see what types of certifications they accept. As far as getting clients it's just a matter of advertising yourself.

There are quite a few personal trainers here on Abc, I'm sure they could give you more details. Personal training is something I plan on getting into eventually as well.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:33 PM
davethewonderpony should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: jobs opportunity?

Krypto is right, there are lots of certifications out there you can take, the difference is finding one that is nationally or internationally recognized. The best ones in the States are ACE, NCSM and ACSM (plus ISSA). In Canada CAN-FIT-PRO and CSEP both offer certifications.

Depends where you are from, but most certs require at least a weekend course and should require a practical exam as well as a written exam. Costs range from $200 to $500 usually depending on the association.
Closed Thread