I need some advice - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 10:38 PM
CoLDTuRKeY should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: I need some advice

Good advice but I have a question...
What about hommade bread? My mom makes the stuff all the time and I love it. Ill take it over super market bread any day of the week.
And yes like he said a gallon a day minimum. When I worked construction this summer for a month a was drinking 2 gallons a day. Even if your a sedentary person its extremely important to drink water all day.
And as far as the rice goes you can try different things to make it taste different. Chop up an onion and throw it in there or try different seasonings but try to avoid putting salt on it.
Ive never been one for protein shakes or different supplements so I cant help ya there.
And you should also buy some vitamin pills because its very hard to get the RDA for each vitamin just from your everyday diet.
And lastly, welcome to the board.
Height - 6'2"
Bench - 440 lbs
Squat - 505 lbs.
Dead Lift - 545 lbs.
Power Clean - 315 lbs.

My Training Journal

Proverbs 3: 25-26...
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked,when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Old 08-04-2002, 11:08 PM
Big_Red should change his/her status!
Stranger

I have another question.
My energy levels are really low. It seems like I can't get enough sleep and I am so tired all the time. I know diet has alot to do with it. What do you think?

I am having steak, a sweet potato anf salad w/olive oil for dinner. Pretty good huh?
Old 08-05-2002, 09:12 AM
Krukker should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I had the same question about homeade bread - if you make it, know what's in it and are all natural, low GI ingredients w/no sugar wouldn't that be ok??

Re Flax oil - Remember NOT to cook with it!! It's for shakes, salad dressing, etc only.

Also, the 2 ingredients that have ZERO nutritional value to humans are sugar and white flour...so keep that in mind when choosing foods!

Just some random info [img]/forum/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2002, 08:27 PM
The Azn Oak should change his/her status!
National Champion

<blockquote><font class="small">posted by Big_Red:</font><hr /> I have another question.
My energy levels are really low. It seems like I can't get enough sleep and I am so tired all the time. I know diet has alot to do with it. What do you think?

I am having steak, a sweet potato anf salad w/olive oil for dinner. Pretty good huh? <hr /></blockquote>

The meal is good

Energy wise, it could be done to loads of things.

Mental Fatigue ? Too many carbs ? Stress ? etc ...

When was the last time you took some time of lifting ?
Old 08-05-2002, 09:14 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Superb advice Oak! Listen to Oak Big_Red, he's got it down pat!

Your tiredness and low energy levels I can relate to. I know that for me, once I started eating every 2-3 hours, got rid of all the high glycemic carbohydrates, and started taking more vitamins, like extra B vitamins and Beverly Liver tablets, my energy level and tiredness improved. I also found that once I got on a set routine my tiredness improved. I used to work shift work and I was ALWAYS tired! Now it seems like when I get tired it is more like tired, exhausted from working out tired so then I sleep like a baby at night. I don't have a problem staying awake during the day anymore like I used to. Not sure for you, but I'm trying to throw some ideas out there for you. I know how frustrating it is, I put up with it for many years!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Annam54 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

OHHHH....you said the magic words!!! TAE BO..so you do that eh! I am the biggest tae bo fan out there I think...I do it home, using the Billy Blanks tapes, and usually right after my gym workout. I'm curious to know about your tae bo interests/habits? I go for about 3-4 times NOW a week...any feed back from you would be awesome...ciao [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
"I studied the lives of great men and famous women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm."
Henry Truman

Age~ 23 years old
Height~ 5 foot 3.5
Weight~ 103-108
BF% 10.4 (April '04)

Old 08-14-2002, 03:15 PM
Big_Red should change his/her status!
Stranger

I love Tae Bo! I have several tapes. I got the 8 tape thing off of QVC and I have the get ripped series also. I don't get to do it as much as I would like to. About the only way I can get through the whole tape ios to get up @ 4 am. Ultimately I would like to get so good at it that I caould just do it on my own. It is about the best cardio I have found and would like to stick with it FOREVER! What about you? Tell me about how you fit it in and your goals.

Vivienne
Old 08-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Annam54 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Alright!!! That's my girl! [img]/forum/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
I am happy to hear you enjoy it so much! I love it. I began when i was about 18, with the basic and advanced tapes, then just used the one advance tape 4 times approx. a week. It was the best cardio work outI found. Although I have been doing it for years, I am not RIPPED like a few of the girls in his videos [img]/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but I feel amazing overall, in my mind and body. It's a great feeling...
Actually just recently, I bought his new get ripped series as well! I like them, man theyre difficult though, but no pain no gain right! It is funny b/c a lot of my friends are like "thumbs down" to Tae Bo...thinking it doesnt work that much. Anyway, let me know how you are doing with it...4 am huh! wow...brave! I aim for after the gym, being about 7pm at night, that way the rest of the evening I am relaxed etc.
great to hear from you![/list]
"I studied the lives of great men and famous women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm."
Henry Truman

Age~ 23 years old
Height~ 5 foot 3.5
Weight~ 103-108
BF% 10.4 (April '04)

Closed Thread