Hey Krypto...cardio question - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Nony should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Hey Krypto...cardio question

I was reading an article last night and it was a workout that a new mom used to get back into shape after she had her baby. She started out with just a basic routine:

Day 1 - upper body
Day 2 - lower body
Day 3 - cardio
Day 4 - upper body
Day 5 - lower body
Day 6 - cardio
Day 7 - rest

She used power blocks for her upper/lower body workouts and took 90 second rest periods between sets. During those 90 seconds, she would do intense cardio (like the tread mill at a 45 degree incline). The work out consisted of four exercises with 3 or 4 sets of 12-15 reps. Then on cardio days she did walking, treadmill, etc.

What do you think about the 90 second bursts of cardio during her weight training days? How effective do you think this would be? Would your muscles get any rest between sets? Would this flush the lactic acid out? Whatcha think?

Old 08-09-2002, 03:16 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Hey Krypto...cardio question

My opinion, combined with a good diet it will work for fat loss. It is basically circuit training. Most likely, unless you're a beginner, you won't see much muscle/strength increase with this type of training but it is a program that can work and many people prefer training this way. It depends on your goals, the amount of time you have available, and just what you like. I have done this type of training before but I prefer just working one body part per week cause I'm not just interested in fat loss but muscle strength and building as well and I believe working one body part once a week works best for me. So give it a try if you think you might like it and your main goal is fat loss. Only you can tell how your body will respond to it. Some prefer this type of training and others don't. Hope that helps. [img]/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2002, 04:44 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Default Re: Hey Krypto...cardio question

Sounds like Body For Life to me which is a great program.

Linda lost 22lb of fat and gained about 10lb of lean muscle in 3 months following a program similar to that.
Closed Thread