My story - If I only knew then what I know now - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 11:12 PM
kicknJB should change his/her status!

Default My story - If I only knew then what I know now

Let's start off by saying that this thought will probably not be complete. I have to come back and finish it later because I probably won't have enough time to finish now.

My thoughts on my experiences are WoW! I wish I knew in high school what I have learned over the past year in terms of shaping my body in the fashion I desire. While I'm not there yet (are any of us?) I have made what seems to me to be huge progress over the last 9 months.

I started lifting about a year and a half ago after chasing the ever elusive loss of weight for 6 months prior to that. In January 2000 I weighed 265 (mostly fat) and that is when I decided to do something about it. I started out with all cardio(mistake) but the pounds came off.

About june 2000 I began lifting and was hooked from there. I began reading as much as I possibly could on the subject and learning as much as I could. I was worried though I was still "fat" and the pounds stopped coming off.

Lifted pretty steady for about 9 months till March 2001. I was getting stronger, I could see results, but no change in the scales. What am I doing wrong? In March I went to the Arnold Classic in Ohio, not for the bodybuilding side of it, I was there for the martial arts. My daughter was competing in the tournament there. I felt tiny walking around those shows with everyone in tip top shape. I've never seen such BIG people in real life. I mean you see them in the magazines but some of those people were freaky huge.

Those people were huge and I actually felt pretty good about my gains before I went(not so good after I got there). I assured myself that I would be in better shape this year when I go back. Now I don't want to get freaky huge, my goals have always been pretty much the same, lose lots of fat gain some lean mass. I know can't do both at the same time but who's on a schedule here? Isn't this about your own personal journey?

Well anyway I 'm gettin off on a tangent.

Well out of time. Share more later.
Old 12-21-2001, 04:50 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Default Re: My story - If I only knew then what I know now

Very cool Kickn!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 12-23-2001, 10:12 PM

Well lets try to pick up where I left off. I am hooked on lifting. I love it but have not really focused on the goal for this years Arnorld until i saw an ad a few weeks ago and realized I only had about 12 weeks to get where I wanted to be (improved). I know I will not be as fit as I desire and I still have a long way to go but improved was my goal and I still have some time to reach it.

So what now? Well my first step after last years Arnold was to measure and these were my Results....245# and a disguisting 39% body fat.
Well I had made improvements before I had lost my focus but I was scared to see them now especially since I know now I have gained weight on the scale. However I have to know what I'm working with here so I measured.....260# and yet it is still high it is definitely an improvement at 25% body fat. I was shocked and man was I fired up this week to hit the gym.

One valuable tool I have returned to in my attempt to continue my progress is a nutritional planner tool that I got free at the Arnold last year. It is amazing how on track you stay with your diet when you have to enter everything you eat. Man...the guilt.

Well as it stand now if my math is correct my improvement are as follows:

Then...39% of 245 95.5 lbs of fat
149.5 lbs everything else

Now....25% of 260 65 lbs of fat
195 lbs everything else

9 months lost = 30 lbs of fat
45 lbs of lean mass

Thank you bodybuilding for educating me

I have a long way to go but I will get there. In the mean time I still have some work to do before I go back to see the classic this year.

If I only knew then what I know now.
Old 12-31-2001, 04:59 PM

Well holidays are over now.....time to get back on that wagon. Man I have been slacking. I haven't cheated as much as I would have in the past though. I guess that is a plus. I miss the gym...couldn't go today because of screwy holiday hours....can't wait to hit it.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:20 PM
danceswithbarbell should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Just keep plugging away in the right direction and you will not only reach your goals, you'll exceed them.

You have done so well so far.

Keep it up.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:58 AM

Thanks for the encouragement.....gotta just keep pluggin......aim high.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Leanne should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

kickn...I hear ya...back at it today. Holidays are over, time to refocus. Together we can all do it!
http://members.fortunecity.com/bscdt.../Monica023.jpg
Old 01-04-2002, 06:31 PM

Finally back to the grind! Great shoulder work today. I could actually get back int the weight room because all the crowd was back in school.

Tried different shoulder routine....5 exercises.
Seated Barbell Presses then....
Rear, side, and front raises
I know the raises are not new....I did them braced against a bench to eliminate any cheating.
Finished with upright rows. Man those felt good.

Thanks for the encouragement.....