ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Made this more balanced, usually my back attack is pretty lat focused, I added in a bunch of cleans and more rows toward the chest to hit upper back more

Also took out the tricep work today in favor of more upperback work

Friday - Balanced Back, Delts, Biceps, Abs

Ring Row, BWx9, 9, 8 w/ Upright cable rows 42.5x10, 2 sets

One Arm Barbell Row, 95x8, 8, 8, 10 w/ Power Clean 155x4 and Upright cable rows 42.5x10, 2 sets

Hammer High Row Pulldown plate loaded - overhand grip
70 each side x 2 sets - I think I like the MTS Hammer cable machine better, feels heavier in the stretch position which is what I was going for

Hammer High Row Pulldown plate loaded - neutral grip
70 each side x 8, 3 sets - same machine, but not focusing on stretch, I enjoyed this much better, neutral grip really hammer my lats near the arm pit, I'd love to get some more mass there.

Both Hammer High Row exercises supersetted with:
Power Clean 155x4 and band pullaparts

Parallel Grip Low Row - I use momentum on this one and really arch the back and pull low to light up the lower lats
60x12, 4 set - really focusing on a hard contraction
45x12
w/ band pullaparts

Free Motion Bicep Curl
40x12, 35x12, 30x12

Bike Sprints
2x13 at level 18 (seat 8)

Superset:
Parallel Grip Low Row/High Row 45x10 pulling low, then 10 reps pulling to chest
w/ Preacher Curls 40x12, 10, 8

* Great workout, a few assisted pullups would have been great. I like the machine but didn't have time to work it in.

* In the future, I can save time and not get the TRX straps out for the ring rows. It makes sense to get the on the lat focused days since I use them for 6 total sets (3 lever and 3 row), but to get them out and set them up today for 3 sets just wasted my time. Since my goal is to make this particular workout more balanced, I think a different exercise is in order.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 04-11-2014 at 04:28 PM.