ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Comeback
Thread: The Comeback
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 PM
JoeKingPT is "The Comeback"

A couple of workouts to post. Over the weekend I competed in the Crossfit Open 14.5. It sucked, but you always feel great afterword. My time was decent, burpees really slowed me down towards the end, but any workout with Olympic lifting in it is right in my wheelhouse. Here's the workout:

For time:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3

Barbell Thrusters (95 lbs) superset with Burpees Over Bar (perform one burpee then jump over your barbell and perform another then repeat).

Today I did the same workout I did last week, except I lowered the weights on a couple of the exercises and focused on getting through it as quickly as possible. It felt great! Here it is:

Chest/Back

Flat Bench Press - 5 sets (30/12/10/8/6). Go high reps the first set, then add weight each round.

Incline Bench Press - 5 sets (30/12/10/8/6). Same as above.

Dumbbell Flyes superset with Dumbbell Pullovers - 5 sets (30/12/10/8/6 for both). Same technique here. This is an awesome combo! I highly recommend giving it a shot!

Wide-Grip Chin Ups - 4 sets (each set to failure). Full range of motion here. This is a wide (wider than shoulders) and supinated (palms facing you) grip.

Bent Over Barbell Row superset with Bent Over Dumbbell Row - 5 sets (30/12/10/8/6 for both). Another great combo.

Hanging Leg Raises - 5 sets (25/25/25/25/25). My grip was pretty much done at this point, so I had to rest/pause my way through.

Cardio:
30-minutes on the elliptical