ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Back on February 10th, here's what went down...
Quote:
Squat (+ CHAINS)
280 x 8, 7, 6 - good sets, within 20 pounds of PR range, slowly getting strength back
247.5 x 7+5 rest pause
217.5 x 8+6 rest pause
...then I tweaked my back and haven't squatted heavy in the last 2 weeks.

At first I didn't mind the layoff, I need extra upperbody size to look like a bodybuilder anyway. But after two weeks I was itching to hit my legs. My back is still not 100% but I went for it today.

Legs were tight due to not squatting and so I wore athletic shoes to make it a tad easier to hit depth (my calves seem to get the tightest and a raised heel allows the calves to not have to stretch as much).

I was definitely weaker on my top end sets because;
1) Strength requires practice and I haven't had heavy squat practice in two weeks
2) Wearing shoes shifts emphasis to quads more, which can't move the same amount of weight as compared to when the glutes and hamstrings are more involved

However, while my top end sets suffered, I knew I could hit my reps on the lower end sets since that is more mental than anything (i.e. being able to push through lactic acid burn and lungs on fire). I was pleased that everything from the 220 pound set and onward went just as good if not better than my previous workout.

Here's how today went...

Tuesday - Legs

Leg Curl Warmup
25 + Chain x 18, 15, 12

Squat (+ CHAINS)
270 x 4, 4, 4 (took off shoes for remaining sets since I felt like I was getting loose)
240 x 6+5 rest pause
220 x 8+6 rest pause
190 x 9+6 rest pause

Squat - hold performed with legs at about 90 degrees, below mid range ROM
170 x 5, 5 second hold, 4 reps, 4 second hold, 3 reps, 3 second hold, 2 reps, 2 second hold, 1 rep - all done continuously, no rest

Squat
140 x 15, continuous tension/no lockout, slow negative

Leg Extension - first two sets were 1.5 reps (full rep plus half rep in the top end/contracted position), or double contraction reps
50x12
50x10 + isotension (pushing against leg extension)
50x12 + isotension

Leg Curl
20 + Chain x 15, 10, 10

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 02-28-2014 at 03:27 PM.