ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Comeback
Thread: The Comeback
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 AM
JoeKingPT is "The Comeback"

Tough workout today, I didn't expect it to be quite this difficult when I planned it out, but I feel good! Definitely getting stronger. I do wish I felt a better Bicep pump, though. I don't know why it wasn't there.

Back/Biceps

Deadlift Warm-up - 2 sets (15/10). Just to warm-up for the 5/3/1.

Deadlift - 3 sets (5/5/5+). Use 65%, 75% and 85% of your 1 rep max. On the 5+ set, get a minimum of 5. I was shooting for 7 but ended up with 6.

Pull-ups - 4 sets (10/10/10/10). Nothing fancy, just use these to stretch your back after the Deadlifts. No kipping, keep them strict.

Leverage High Row superset with Leverage Low Row - 4 sets (15/12/10/8). Try to use the same weight for both (low row will be tougher). Use both arms at a time for the high row, but use one at a time for the low row.

Seated Canle Row superset with Barbell Curls - 4 sets (12/10/8/6 and 15/15/15/15). This was a killer, very tough. Increase the weight on the rows but keep the same weight for the curls.

Preacher Machine Curl 21's - 3 sets (21/21/21). Use the 21's technique here, but try to increase the weight by 5 pounds each set. The third set should be a struggle (I rest/paused through it).

Cable Concentration Curl - 4 sets (15/12/10/8).

Alternating Dumbbell Curl Burnouts - 1 giant drop set (8/10/12/14/16/18/20). I started heavy, so my pace was slower than it normally is, but it worked!

20-minutes of cardio after the PWO shake.

Using new headphones (Sony). They helped give me some motivation. I'm not into the whole Beats movement, I won't spend $400 on headphones - rather spend it on baby formula...or on my car.