ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Comeback
Thread: The Comeback
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 09:19 PM
JoeKingPT is "The Comeback"

Workout felt pretty good, although my shoulders were more stiff than usual. Probably because it's finally cold and rainy here (cold being in the 50's).

I tried a new post workout shake from 28 Days To Health. They are a local company that has gotten a little national attention for their 28-day cleanse. One of my trainers tried the cleanse and said it didn't work but the protein tasted good. I got a bunch of samples from one of their sales reps, she's too pushy for me but I tried the protein anyways. It's just ok. Nothing amazing.

Delts/Traps

Cable Front Raise superset with Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 5 sets + drop (15/15/10/10/8 and 10/10/10/10/10). I face away from the cable station and raise the bar and cable from between my knees. Increase the weight towards the end but keep the weight of the dumbbells the same. On the last set, drop the weight down below your start weight and perform 20 reps (do the same for the lateral raises, too).

Seated Cable Press - 5 sets (15/12/10/8/8). I did this instead of dumbbells for my stiff shoulders.

Incline Dumbbell Rear Delt - 4 sets (15/12/10/10). Lean on an incline bench. Be sure to squeeze your shoulders together.

Barbell Upright Row superset with Dumbbell Shrugs - 5 sets (15/12/10/10/8 and 15/15/15/15/15). Keep a slightly wider grip for the upright rows to maximize the delts.

Barbell Shrug superset with Theraband Side to Front Raises - 5 sets (20/15/12/10/10 and 12/12/12/12/12). No straps on the shrugs. Then take a Theraband or resistance band and stand on its center. Raise your arms to the side then back down to your waist and raise to the front. Perform 12 reps of both side and front raises. If you do it right your delts will burn.

I also spent 20-minutes on the bike, not much but it counts!