ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Comeback
Thread: The Comeback
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 01:45 AM
JoeKingPT is "The Comeback"

Fun workout today, didn't do anything too fancy, only one drop set. But I had good energy and my shoulders are starting to feel consistently better, although I don't feel comfortable with holding my elbows out too far to my sides during overhead presses. Keeping them slightly to the front feels much better.

Delts/Traps

Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press - 4 sets (12/12/10/8). Use one arm at a time here. Hold the dumbbells to your shoulders but only press upwards with one. You can either alternate or perform all on one then switch to the other.

Barbell Push Press - 4 sets (15/12/10/10). A little (light) Olympic lifting!

Standing Cross Cable Lateral Raises - 4 sets (12/12/10/10). These felt really good, bring your hands just slightly above shoulder height.

Standing Cable Front Raises - 3 sets (12/10/10). Alternate arms, bring your hands just above shoulder height.

Seated Cable Press Machine - 4 sets (12/10/8/8). I used the FreeMotion shoulder machine for this exercise.

Reverse Flyes - 4 sets (12/10/8/8). Use a seated fly machine in reverse. Be sure to pull your shoulders together.

Heavy Barbell Shrug superset with Plate Shrugs - 5 sets (15/12/10/10/10 and 15/15/15/15/15). Try and go heavy here, I used straps for the 10's. Superset with some slow and controlled 45-lb plate shrugs. On the last set of barbell shrugs, drop the weight to 135 (no matter where you ended up weight-wise) and do as many as you can (controlled!). I got 50 reps by rest/pausing, without setting the bar down and no straps. Don't forget the plate shrugs after the drop!

Machine Shrugs - 4 sets (15/12/12/10). Load the weight on and go. I used straps for 10.