ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Comeback
Thread: The Comeback
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 08:04 PM
JoeKingPT is "The Comeback"

Killed it today, arms felt great and with a light day at work I was able to really stay focused in the gym.

Biceps/Triceps/Forearms

Spider Curls - 5 sets (12/12/8/6/15). Lay chest down on an incline bench and grip a barbell below you. Slowly curl to your forehead and control the weight back down. Increase the weight each set except for the last, where you will drop the weight and burn it out.

Incline Dumbbell Curl - 3 sets (8/8/6). Now sit down on that incline bench and take some heavy dumbbells. Perform alternating curls.

Standing Barbell Curl - 3 sets (8/8/12). Go heavy the first two sets then lighten the weight a little for the last set. Rest/pause if you have to.

Preacher Curl Machine Burnouts - 1 large drop set (12/10/15/20/25). What I did here is selected a weight I could perform 12 times with great effort. Then I immediately peeled some weight off and only performed 10 reps. Drop again and perform 15, then 20 and 25. Going heavier on the first part of the drop pre-fatigues the biceps and doesn't leave much left for the rest of the set.

Cable Triceps Pushdowns - 4 sets + Triple Drop (12/8/8/8). Perform the triple drop on the last set.

Seated Overhead Triceps Press - 3 sets (10/8/8). You can use a single heavy dumbbell here, but I chose to use the cambered bar because the angle feels easier on my shoulders, plus I feel like I can get extra range out of it.

Low Cable Lying Triceps Extension - 3 sets (12/12/15). Place a bench up to a low pulley. With a cambered bar, perform lying triceps extensions. Focus on the eccentric pull for maximum burn.

Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension - 3 sets (15/15/20). Very similar in function to the Lying Cable Triceps Extensions, but the feel is totally different. Use light weights and focus on control.

Reverse Wrist Curls Over Bench - 4 sets (25/25/25/25). These shouldn't be easy, rest/pause if you need to and use a challenging weight.

Standing Reverse Barbell Curls - 3 sets (15/15/15). More curls. Keep the weight the same each set.

Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 2 sets (both to failure). Try and get at least 15-20 reps here. These are not alternating curls, and try to avoid swinging the dumbbells.

Pretty happy with how this workout ended up. Now I get the afternoon off to spend with my son.