ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - The Comeback
Thread: The Comeback
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 11:56 PM
JoeKingPT is "The Comeback"

Shoulder felt pretty good today for the first time in a long time. I think it's about 30% better from my lowest point. Overhead presses with wide elbows and open shoulders is still painful, but nowhere near where it was before.

Delts/Traps

Machine Shoulder Press superset with Dumbbell Lateral Raises - 5 sets (15/12/10/8/6 and 12/12/12/12/12). Increase the weight each round of Machine Press but keep the weight the same for the Dumbbell Laterals.

Lying Barbell Front Shoulder Raise - 4 sets (12/12/10/10). Lay down with your chest resting on an incline bench and hold a barbell with your arms loose below you. Raise the barbell up to shoulder height while keeping your chest in contact with the pad and lower the bar slowly. Don't worry about weight, focus on form and controlling the eccentric.

Cable Military Press superset with Cable Shrugs - 5 sets (15/12/10/8/6 and 15/15/15/15/15). Increase the weight each round of Military Press but keep the weight the same for Cable Shrugs.

High Pulley Cable Reverse Flyes superset with Plate Shrugs - 4 sets (12/12/10/10 and 25/25/25/25). Increase the weight halfway through on the Reverse Flyes. After each round of Flyes grab a couple of 45lb plates and burn them out.

Heavy Barbell Shrugs - 5 sets (15/12/10/8/8). Go heavy here. I used straps after the first round to focus more on the traps than on the grip. Full Range of Motion.

The pump was great and I'm stoked my shoulder feels good.