ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Greg's bulking journal
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

So i've been the doctors and was advised to take a week or 2 off from training completely and go on lighter duties in work but not rest totally to allow my back to heal but maintain strength and flexibility. Most likely cause of the pain was over use of my spinal erectors, no red flags on any of the tests to indicate issues with nerves or spinal injuries.
Feeling much better now with no pain at all. Green light from the doctor to train again.

Having discussed this issue with a PT who coaches my mate i've been advised to reduce my squatting frequency to twice per week, with a decrease in weight while i perform mobility work to fix my pelvic tilt which occurs at the bottom of the squat. Also he has said that my job (heavy lifting) isn't helping and I should take extra care on form doing deadlifts and rows.
So based on this i'm going to jump straight to a 4 day split.
Day 1: OH press
Day 2: Squats
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Bench
Day 5: Deadlift
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Start over.

I'll be starting off with minimal volume of 1-2 assistance exercises per workout.

So:
Day 1: OH press 3x5
Upright Rows 3x8
Dips or CGBP 3x10

Day 2: Squats 3x5
Front squats 3x8
hyper-extensions 3x10 or GHR's once i figure out a way to do them in our gym with no GHR station.

Day 4: Bench Press 3x5
Incline Bench 3x8
Dips BWx? (yet to see how many i can do)

Day 5: Deadlift 1x5
Chins/pullups 3xF
Pendlay rows 3x8

Cardio = Stationary bike sprints HIIT.

All assistance exercises are to support the main lifts in gaining strength. I'll be gearing this more towards hypertrophy by varying rep ranges once i'm happy with my 5RM for the main lifts.

Last edited by Gregsimo; 11-20-2013 at 02:14 AM.