ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - so clean foods is just hype for nothing?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 03:19 PM
weightbanger should change his/her status!
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
There is no set definition for "clean" when it comes to food. It is a subjective word and every one has a different opinion/bias towards it. If you want to read and learn more in depth on it, check out this article:

http://impruvism.com/clean-eating/

The basics to losing/maintaining/gaining weight is calories in vs calories out. There are some other variables that come into play, but this is a nice place to begin at and adjust accordingly. So if you want to lose weight, you need your body to use up more calories than you put in (caloric deficit). This can be done by eating less or doing more work. I think most people would recommend to do more work since you don't want to end up like one of those people who eats only 800 calories a day.
Thanks, I would rather increase my workload. So if my cutting calories was at 2300, I would lose the same amount whether I ate oats, chicken breast, tuna or if I ate chocolate bars, soda, greasy burgers? as long as they are both 2300?
What about insulin response? That has nothing to do with weight loss? its just a simple calories in vs calories out? What's the point in buying expensive "clean" food then lol