ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Weight loss question
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 02:18 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightbanger View Post
I hate to jack this thread, but I'm at a loss. Having trouble losing weight. I'm 6'4 296 lbs, and according to the calipers im around 30% body fat? I don't really look morbidly obese but doctor says I am. I'm only consuming 2000 calories. some weeks I lose 2-4 lbs, others i gain 1-3 so im usually at a stand still. I sometimes eat fast food in place of others food calories. I know it's bad, but I used to use weight this way :/
not sure if I should eat more or less..
If I were you, I would immediately increase my caloric intake. 2,000 calories a day is very little, especially for someone as big as you. You only need a slight deficit and then some patience and consistency to see results. At the beginning of the year, I was about 230 lbs and decided to go on a cut. I dropped my caloric intake to ~2,900 calories and started to lose 1 lbs a week. I did barely any cardio but went to the gym and hit the weights heavy and often. Last month at my competition, I weighed in at 199 lbs after a bit of a water cut.

Bottom line: At 300 lbs, you should be losing weight at a caloric intake much higher than 2,000 calories. If you are not, you need to check your calorie counting methods for accuracy or make sure you are following a proper resistance training and cardiovascular program.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page