ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Weight loss question
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

How long have you been eating 2500 calories?

I ask because metabolism isn't static, it will adjust to what you are eating. Your body wants to maintain homeostasis.

A few suggestions:

1. Without changing your calorie total, shift macros. 30% protein comes to 187.5 grams. Typically, protein should be at least 1 gram per pound of lean mass. If you are 25% BF (Hypothetical), that would mean 210 lean pounds. I would bump up the protein at least 25 grams (if not more) and bump carbs down by the same amount. That shift might help get things moving in the right direction.

2. Are you drinking enough? Water assists many metabolic functions. And I find when I am dieting I need even more because your body can draw water from food and when you are dieting obviously you are taking in less food. I would drink at least 1 gallon per day.

3. Consider ditching one of the cardio days and doing another resistance training day, so you would have 4 and 4 instead of 3 and 5. Weight training is great for long term fat loss because building lean muscle increases metabolism which means you are burning more calories on a daily basic, not just when you are doing "cardio".

Let me know if you have any questions.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano