06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
is worshipping and gymming
Join Date: May 2013
Originally Posted by Commander
Anyone who wants to lose fat and build muscle must have their diet dialed in.
The great thing is, dialing in the diet should also be really healthy for a diabetic (and anyone for that matter).
1. Eliminate junk food/processed foods
2. Eliminate as much sugar and flour from your diet as well
3. Increase water consumption
4. Consume 2 to 3 grams of quality protein per kilo of bodyweight
5. Focus a large percentage of daily carbohydrates near the workout.
* Example: 20% in a meal prior, 15% during workout (in a shake), 20% in a meal afterwards
If you've already lost 13 kilos, then you definitely have a general idea of what you are doing. It is just a matter of fine tuning at this point.
1. Weigh yourself daily, calculate your average weight weekly
2. Compare weekly average.
3. If you:
a) Lose 1 or more kilos: consider adding back in a small amount of carbs
b) Lose 0.25 to 1 kilo: keep everything the same
c) Stay even or gained 0 to 1 kilo: cut out a small amount of carbs or increase activity level slightly
4. Repeat process until goal is reached.
The idea is to keep carbs as high as possible for as long as possible. Just make small adjustments. Good luck.
Thank you so much!!!!