* I hate heavy work in the morning! Back or Arms, no problem, but Bench or Legs, forget it. But, I am going on a road trip and I wanted to get this workout in.
* However, it is time for a change/deload. Two reasons:
1. I am feeling dinged up, my left shoulder and bicep are getting tender which starts to happen when I bench too heavy and too frequently.
2. First day in a long time that I didn't get either more weight or more reps. Now that was partially expected because I am used to doing this workout after being awake for several hours (which means being hydrated, having a meal in me, my CNS being more active), but never the less, it's time for a change, but mostly because of #1.
* Two changes I will make:
1. I will go back to triples to keep the top set a bit lighter.
2. Also not allow myself to grind. Typically I am explosive but the last few months I have allowed some grinding on my top sets.
Friday AM - Bench
* Bandwork between sets; upperback
220, 230, 240, 250, 260, 270x2
231x8, 7, 6 (separate sets)
165x4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 - 10 second rest
2 more rounds with 165
BWx10, 8, 8
Barbell Row (pulling to chest to hit upperback more than lats)
116x15, 3 sets
116x5, 5 second hold, 4 reps, 4 second hold, 3 reps, 3 second hold, 2 reps, 2 second hold, 1 rep, 1 second hold - all done continuously, no rest
James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Last edited by Commander; 03-15-2013 at 12:47 PM.