ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Insuline spike from PWO carbs considered useless?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Charles Izzo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRedHead View Post
Thank you all for the incredibly detailed responses.

This is why I come here and stay away from other bodybuilding websites.
Here's another way to look at it. Insulin is the most anabolic hormone. All the heaviest top pro bodybuilders know this very well; (note: the way they use it is VERY dangerous). All us naturals are doing is finding a way to do the best we can to stimulate insulin naturally, and preferably at the right time, so we can reap the benefits without getting fat or risking our lives.

I really can't put it any simpler than that. You can talk about shuttling nutrients or what ever all day long if you want. But at the end of the day, it's the anabolic properties of the insulin we are looking for. Insulin tells the cells to grow.

Post workout is clearly the best time to cause an insulin spike, if you chose to do so. Because this is during the time when the body is already working on recovery and growth. Any other time, you'll be more likely to just cause fat storage.

Now you don't HAVE to do it. But you do have the option. And it does work very well. Even if you can't build much more muscle, it still makes you significantly stronger. You'll notice it within weeks.

I'll reiterate that I just don't think it's a good idea when your primary goal is fat loss. It really does depend though. If you're really meticulous, it should still work. But if you're more into simplicity, then I wouldn't bother with it.