ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
somersault squats!!! so thats the name of them..LOL, we do those at PT w/ bodyweight sometimes..but in the "all so colorful 82 Airborne" we call them the "Monkey F%#k'r"...haha

do u have any tips on healing tendonitis in the shoulder..or bursitis..mine is super sore at times..but my ROM is fine..its weird
Monkey F'ers, that's a good name for 'em, lol. They really occlude the quad because you can never really pause or lockout. I like them as a finisher.

Having dealt with tendonitis in the bicep and delt before (both affected pressing exercises), I can honestly say the best solution is rest. Avoid exercises that cause pain. If there are no suitable exercises than just stick to lower body work for a few weeks.

However, once it starts to heal, I found that I could usually manage neutral grip exercises better and gradually work back to regular pressing.

Good luck!

Saturday - Bench Press

280x1
230x8 - cluster set (some resting in top position)
230x7 - cluster set
230x6 - cluster set
150x4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 - 10 second rest
2 more rounds with 150

110x5, 5 second hold, 4 reps, 4 second hold, 3 reps, 3 second hold, 2 reps, 2 second hold, 1 rep, 1 second hold - all done continuously, no rest (40% of max 3 rep set)
1 more round with 110

Messed around with some incline chest press on the smith machine. Trying to find a way to get a quite chest workout in case I have to workout in the morning when everyone is sleeping.

* Worked up to the 280x1 on bench, just didn't write it down. Felt good for being unspotted and un-psyched up.

Sunday - 3 hours sled riding with my boys and then a date with my wife...that's a very good day!

Monday AM - Back

Front Lever - at the end of each set, I finish with an isometric hold for about 3 seconds
4 reps x 2 set
3 reps x 2 sets
1 hold x 6 seconds

(lever was supersetted with band upperback work)

Deadstart Ring Row w/ Ab Bench Crunch
BWx6, 4 sets

TriSet - 4 rounds:
Upperback Band Work x 8
Inverted Row, BWx8
T-Bar, 125x8

Deadstart Ring Row
BWx4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 - 10 second rest
BWx1 - 10 second isometric hold

T-Bar
125x4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 - 10 second rest

Low Cable Pullovers - these are great because you get a nice stretch in your lats and then a wicked contraction as well
3 sets to failure

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 01-28-2013 at 02:10 PM.