ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Friday - Legs

* Wanted to squat yesterday, but strained my right thigh a tad while doing the squat stretch in preparation for my training session. When I started squatting, the strain was causing me to shift weight to my left leg. My left knee is the one that bothers me (most recently), so it wasn't having the shift in weight. I ditched the squats and had a great deadlift session.

Stubborn me, decided to squat today. Why? Because squatting builds character and big legs. Was it optimal coming after a hard deadlift session yesterday and working a midnight shift, thus having no sleep? Heck no, far from optimal. But I must wage war with my body.

Guess what? With the exception of getting less reps on my cluster set, I had a phenomenal session.

Squat Chains (+50)
225, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250, 255, 260x3
260x2, 2 - cluster set - goal was 8, but didn't have it in me
182.5x6, 4 sets - last rep paused on the hole on these sets, slow negative as well
182.5x4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1 - 10 second rest between mini sets

Squat (no chains) - hold performed in the bottom ROM
120x5, 5 second hold, 4 reps, 4 second hold, 3 reps, 3 second hold, 2 reps, 2 second hold, 1 rep, 1 second hold - all done continuously, no rest

Glute Ham Curl
BWx10, 3 sets

superset with

Vertical Jump - full reset
3 sets of 3

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 12-16-2012 at 10:04 PM.