ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Daily Devotional
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:43 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Is 48:17-19

Thus says the LORD, your redeemer,
the Holy One of Israel:
I, the LORD, your God,
teach you what is for your good,
and lead you on the way you should go.
If you would hearken to my commandments,
your prosperity would be like a river,
and your vindication like the waves of the sea;
Your descendants would be like the sand,
and those born of your stock like its grains,
Their name never cut off
or blotted out from my presence.

------------------------

Will we follow God's commands that lead to our prosperity and holiness or will we follow our self-love into sin that leads to death? What is our choice today? Which are the gods you must renounce?: vanity, self-righteousness, desire of worldly things as ends, objectifying others for pleausure? Think.

As Moses once said in Deuteronomy 30: 15-20

The Choice Before Israel.
See, I have today set before you life and good, death and evil.
If you obey the commandments of the LORD, your God, which I am giving you today, loving the LORD, your God, and walking in his ways, and keeping his commandments, statutes and ordinances, you will live and grow numerous, and the LORD, your God, will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
l If, however, your heart turns away and you do not obey, but are led astray and bow down to other gods and serve them,
I tell you today that you will certainly perish; you will not have a long life on the land which you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.
I call heaven and earth today to witness against you:m I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live,
by loving the LORD, your God, obeying his voice, and holding fast to him. For that will mean life for you, a long life for you to live on the land which the LORD swore to your ancestors, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give to them.

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)