ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Deadlift affecting Bench
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Kenny Croxda should change his/her status!
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
I don't believe in touch and go reps, especially for a beginner or someone with bad technique. Most people end up banging the reps off the ground just to get more reps in. This causes several problems like even more bad form.
Bad Technique

Bad technique happens with singles just as with Touch and Gos.

Beginner's and intermediates perform deadlifts with improper technique even with singles. That "just go get more reps in."

No matter how you twist it, bad technique will and does occur with singles as well as reps.

Quote:
And you are never at the same starting point as your original rep. So now you are not training the same movement and teaching your body the correct motor pattern.
Heavy Singles

Heavy singles simulate powerlifting meet contitions. So, they should be practices at some point.

That holds true with the squat and bench press.

[quote=arian11;925235]If I want to train my lockout, then I'll just do rack pulls or strengthen muscles that work the most in the lockout like my glutes. I don't see the need to ruin my technique when that is most important to me.

The Irony

The irony of performing Rack Deadlifts the movement is no the same regular deadlifts. That means you technique is not the same. Thus, your are reinforcing poor technique.

Auxilary Movements

What you want is an auxiliary exercise that train the weak point without reinforcing poor technique.

Quote:
And this is a great conversation we're having, but I don't really think it is applicable to the original post. Maybe we should make a separate thread to discuss training methods or something.
No, it does not adress the original post.

Kenny Croxdale