ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Deadlift affecting Bench
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatkeen View Post
was it just this program that took your deadlift to 500lbs? though it seams a solid routine but deadlift volume is not more then 1 set a day / 3 sets a week?

or did i interpret the whole thing wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Arian didn't list his sets. The "1" meant he is pulling singles.
Yea, sorry I made it confusing. I didn't want to post everything because it was alot to type, it isn't all that important, and my friend sells programs like this to people so I don't want to give all the info out.

But I was definitely doing more than just 1 set. 5-7 sets at the beginning of the week and about 3 sets towards the end of the week. Plus at the lower percentages, less rest was used. So if its 70%, it would be only 30 secs rest, if its 80% it would be only 60 secs rest.

So I had around 15 work sets on squat, 20 work sets on bench, and 10-15 work sets on deadlift a week plus the military press work and back work I would throw in some days.

EDIT:
The deadlift set up was based on this table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q3CTfHSBTg

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page