ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Deadlift affecting Bench
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 AM
greatkeen is getting BIGGER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Croxda View Post
[color="navy"]Recovery TimeYou appear to respond to more frequent sessions. The majority of individuals don't.
True that. but one major reason for that is not managing the workout volume (# of sets & # of exercises) accordingly.

Quote:
Exception

Individuals like you may be able to handle it.
yup exceptions are always there. But what do you mean by individuals like ME? i am all natural and blv me at times suck big time with diet (diff topic) too.

All i do in gym is manage the volume the way the body can handle & allow me to do deadlifts twice in one week & one time the next... and i repeat this way for good 8-10 weeks before needing a week off/deload.

Quote:
Dr Fred Hatfield addressed the recovery rate of muscles in his article, "Finding The Ideal Training Split. http://drsquat.com/content/knowledge...training-split
This link to DR.SQUAT is broken?

Quote:
"Days Of Recovery Required For Each Body Part Before Training It Again"

As per Hatfield, Large Muslces trained heavy need around 6 days of rest to recover.
OK... if i do 4 exercises & 3-4 sets of each for say Chest i would need around 6 days of rest to recover....given i keep all parameters same (diet etc) but do just 1-2 exercise (say bench press & pec deck) for 3-4 sets each of Chest.... would i still need same 6 days to recover??

the point of all high frequency workouts is ... lower the volume to the point where you can hit the same body part again at least twice in a week... some program even make it 3 & 4 times....and mind you these programs work (granted a deload/week off is a good idea every 6-10 weeks).

My point of all this is recovery is very subjective issue and if all things outside the gym are kept constant still people can do alot more work then what we are told & blv......

a good way to tell if you are doing too much & over training is Progress in gym... i make it a point to increase weight every other week the exercise is repeated, be it as low as 2.5 lbs... and when you can't do that then it's time to take off.