ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - Commanding My Body
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Monday - Push Day

* Left shoulder hurting pretty bad, I feel like such an idiot. One thing gets better and I screw up something else. It is only when I make changes that I hurt myself. I screwed up my knee when I tried doing lots of squat partials. Now my shoulder is hurting because I was trying to create a "quiet" workout to do when my family is sleeping. I am 99% certain it was the DB Bench that hurt my shoulder.

I believe that the increase in ROM was a sudden surprise and also that I wasn't staying tight. When I set up for bench I make sure my back is tight and I have a good arch, but for DB, I was just laying back with the weight and pressing away. I think that resulted in some motion of the scapula that wasn't too awesome for my shoulder.

Instead of legs/pull/push, I might make the push day overhead focused (if I can do it pain free) with arms.

Bench Chains w/ Bicep Cable Curls and Band Pullaparts
140x6, 8 sets

Ring Pushups
BWx8, 4 sets
BWx4, 4, 4, 4

Bench Chains
140x2, 2, 2
120x3, 3, 3

Somehow I made it through, not sure if it was smart. Either way, horizontal pressing will be out for a while until my shoulder feels better. I hope Overhead work feels OK. I will try in a few days after my shoulder has some rest.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano