ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - jogging, losing fat, gaining muscle
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectomorph42 View Post
should I avoid resistance training in order to save my calories for jogging..?
You've just found the key to life long fitness and looking HYOOGE. Ditch the resistance training and eat more food so you can jog more.

How about eating while you jog? That would be even more effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
Go back and reread your entire thread. Commander already answered these questions numerous times. The when you are done that . . . STOP TROLLING!!
Funny thing is, if you read my FIRST post (you don't even need to read the rest of the thread), I recommend EXACTLY the opposite of what he did. I said jogging sucks, and you'd be better off focusing on gaining lean mass...and he decides to jog and cut calories and surprise, surpise, is unhappy with the results.

Quote:
I don't think jogging is very valuable to be honest. It it hard on the body both in terms of your joints and hormonally. You don't get lean by burning a few calories from jogging. You get lean by eating healthy and having a muscular physique that burns calories just by virtue of having lots of muscle mass.

Better to focus on one goal, otherwise you are chasing the wind.
At your height/weight, you would make the most progress visually by adding some mass to your frame.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 10-22-2012 at 04:38 PM.