View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default Sep. 28

Day Unknown

September 28, 2012

Read: Matthew 24:1-8

Of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. óMatthew 24:36

To many Londoners, 1666 looked like the year when Jesus would return. Prophecy enthusiasts had added 1,000 years since Christís birth to 666, the number of Antichrist, to arrive at the date 1666. The world did seem to be on the verge of destruction when in 1665 a plague claimed the lives of 100,000 people in London. Then in September 1666, a London fire destroyed tens of thousands of buildings. Some wondered, Didnít the Bible predict catastrophes at the end of the world? (see Matt. 24:1-8). Yet the year 1666 passed, and life went on seemingly as it had before. Even in our own day, there are those who have predicted the end of the world. A date is predicted, the media covers the frenzy, and then that day passes uneventfully. In Godís wisdom, the actual time of Christís return has been kept from us. Jesus said, ďOf that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father onlyĒ (Matt. 24:36). This any-moment aspect of Jesusí return helps keep believers motivated in Christian service and spiritual growth all the timeónot just near a certain date (25:1-13; 1 John 3:2-3). Be assured, Christís personal return will take place. And as we await that day, our lives should be marked by ďholy conduct and godlinessĒ (2 Peter 3:11).

Should He come in the dawn of morning, At noon or at twilight dim, I only pray that every day Iíll be waiting and watching for Him. óBearden

No doctrine is more closely linked to practical daily living than that of the Lordís return
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever