ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - fish oil pills
Thread: fish oil pills
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

The point isn't to be getting all of your fat from fish oil. I get most of my fat from olive oil from cooking, and periodic peanut butter. I do supplement with fish oil however. There is 1 gram of fat per pill, 240mg of that is omega 3. The point with fish oil pills is to add that additional healthy omega 3 fatty acids and try to tip the balance towards a healthier one when comparing omega 3, 6, and 9. No one has agreed upon what the balance is, but the omega 3 will be the minority either way. When I'm being good with my sups, I have 4 pills a day total, though I use flax seed oil pills for my omega 3, and try to ensure I am minimizing bad fats (dairy and meat fat), and have a good but not over-abundant foundation of fat. I still recommend supplementing with your fish/cod/flax oil pills, but 10 a day/meal is certainly FAR more than is likely necessary assuming a healthy diet anyway.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com