ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - I feel terrible
Thread: I feel terrible
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:21 PM
adenine is recharging.
Bantamweight

For years we've been conditioned to believe in and look for a God on the outside of us as an external power that oversees everything from the orchestration of the universe to the very minute details of our daily lives.

However my dear friend, the God that you are looking for is closer than you realize. We've all been looking for God in all the wrong places.

The Christ says we are to seek the kingdom of God first. Where else would God dwell except within his own kingdom?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." - Matthew 6:33 (KJV)

That statement is absolutely paramount to understand and apply if we are to be transformed.

The Christ also tells us where this kingdom is:

"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17:21 (KJV)

So what do we have? The Christ is saying seek first the kingdom of God which is within you. Notice that it is the absolute first thing he says we should do.

But what does religion and tradition tell us? Seek your church, seek your pastor, read your bible, sing the songs, give your money...do everything else but seek within yourself.

Look at what the Christ says regarding those who discourage us from seeking within ourselves the kingdom of God:

"Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered." - Luke 11:52 (KJV)

Seeking and entering within ourselves is meditation. That is the key. It is through meditation that we are able to raise our consciousness level and rise above the things of the lower consciousness that hurt us.

Hope this helps.