ABCbodybuilding - View Single Post - First time cutting in 3 years.
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Maxwell95 is cutting down to 10% bodyfat
Stranger

Default First time cutting in 3 years.

Hey guys, I've been on a bulk for the past year and a half and finally made the decision to cut. I know plenty about bulking, training, etc., but when it comes to losing bodyfat and maintaining LBM, I don't know as much. I know a lot of the science behind it, but don't really know what to do exactly. I read an article called "The Ultimate Cutting Diet" by Dr Norton, and he told me the other day that while most of it is still correct, it is a little inaccurate since it's eight years old. I did the calulations for a Mesomorph using the method provided by Layne since I'm not entirely positive on my caloric maintainence and got 3150. It seems a little high, but within a 200 calorie margin of error probably. After doing a little math, I learned that I should be eating the following: 2750 cals, 250g protein, 61g fat, and 300g carbs if I want to lose around a pound per week. The other 100 calories or so he said to burn via cardio, so I do 4-6 30 second sprints to hit that goal. Normally I wouldn't really question Layne, but he did say that the article is 8 years old. What are you guys' opinions? I'm sure you all know more about cutting than I do and am more than willing to learn more.

EDIT: I'll link the article to you guys if I'm allowed to take you all over to a different website. I'm not sure what the rules about linking are yet.
Total..................1100 lbs

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13

Last edited by Maxwell95; 07-04-2012 at 12:08 AM.